Hello Bottle Rocket Forums!

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Astrofox
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Hello Bottle Rocket Forums!

Post by Astrofox »

Hello there my fellow rocketeers!
I am Astrofox, a KSP Fan whom had just recently (about two months ago) got interested in the bottle rocketry business. Just Today (February 27th, 2016) I went to Science Olympiad Regionals and had gotten first place in the duration of the flight of a backslider bottle rocket that at apogee deployed a parachute to recover an egg. Sadly, however, the parachute got caught in a tree, and I could not get bonus points for the egg's survival. However, I am now considering going farther than just Science Olympiad, and I want to learn the secrets and tips that you can give me. I also want to build rockets that may seem to be a bit - unwieldy...

In other words, pretty much build a bottle rocket that can go farther than I (and maybe several others) have ever gone before.
So, maybe you guys (and gals) can give me pointers on how to do certain things.

Anyway, this is my first day on these forums, and I hope to do much more with bottle rocketry in the near future.
anoymous

Re: Hello Bottle Rocket Forums!

Post by anoymous »

:W to the forum!
To start with: what kind of launcher do you use at the moment?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.
Astrofox
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Astrofox »

I currently use one of these that was bought online, although I hope to build a few launchers myself in the future.
http://www.nerdsinc.com/products/basic- ... launch-pad (current pad)
anoymous

Post by anoymous »

That's an interesting launch system you found!
But what's the highest pressure you could launch with? It seems that you won't be able to pull away the board that keeps the rocket in place once you reach higher pressures.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.
Astrofox
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Astrofox »

The only pressure I've actually tested out was at 60 PSI.
UltimateSteve

Post by UltimateSteve »

Go KSP!
Alien Space Agency
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Alien Space Agency »

A KSP fan... welp I'm from SimpleRockets!
Nothing can stop a curious mind from inventing- Anonymous
NCWaterRockets

Post by NCWaterRockets »

:W