From the sandy desert of Dubai......

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
david2665
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

From the sandy desert of Dubai......

Post by david2665 »

Hello,

So I've gotten the Water Rocket bug.... ironic, since I live in the desert !!!

I used to make these types of rockets as a child in the UK, usually with an old lemonade bottle, a cork and a foot pump.

Now, some 25 years later, living in Dubai, my daughter needed a Science Fair project, and what better way to demonstrate newtons 3rd law, than with a rocket.

(hope the link works !!)

So with a basic (very basic) rocket under my belt, I proceed on to bigger, better, and more complicated rockets.....

Dave
david2665
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: From the sandy desert of Dubai......

Post by david2665 »

...and so i proceeded to make a launcher (Clarke Cable Tie type), and quickly whipped up a rocket, with fins, a parachute, and an Airflap Release Mechanism,

which didn't work !!!

The rocket launched great, flew a beautiful ballistic arc, and tent pegged, squarely into the nearest sand dune.

The result:

Consequently, I have some Tomy Timers on order from China, and have plans for something more reliable

Watch this space

Dave
anoymous

Re: From the sandy desert of Dubai......

Post by anoymous »

:W to the forum!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.