Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

Cub Scouts got me started

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Screaminhelo

Cub Scouts got me started

Post by Screaminhelo » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:34 pm

Hello everyone!

I just discovered this forum this afternoon as I began researching water rockets as an activity for my Cub Scouts. I have been involved with model rocketry for a few years and will be doing a launch in the spring but I thought that introducing rocketry to the boys through water rockets would be a fun activity for a warm evening as we begin the year. I like that the rockets and equipment can be built inexpensively with stuff that is often thrown out and a basic launcher can be built with materials commonly found at the local hardware store, I have enough material to build 4 launchers and 4 rockets and I have spent just under $20.

Bill

addstogether2
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Cub Scouts got me started

Post by addstogether2 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:10 am

Hi Bill, Welcome to another cub scout leader.

Cubs definitely enjoy their water rockets.

I built a quad launcher ,pics on another thread, for our cubs.

Where is your pack based?

Al

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
"Albert Einstein"

addstogether2
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by addstogether2 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:14 am

Pics on Water rocket bob sled derby race topic

Al

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
"Albert Einstein"

anoymous

Post by anoymous » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:56 am

:W to the forum!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.