Just discovered Water Rockets

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Sking0

Just discovered Water Rockets

Post by Sking0 »

Hi. As the title says, a few weeks ago, i don't know how, but i accidentally came across a Water Rocket video.
I was instantly intrigued. Have made a few now and they have been awesome.
Only trouble is, i always have to try and go one better and keep on improving things. Water Rocketry has plenty of
room for that. A few others have seen my first rocket go up and they had never heard of them before either. These others
are into it now.
After the very first launch i was instantly hooked and totally blown away, i never expected anything like what i got.
It was a 2 litre bottle chamber and another near enough full length 2 litre bottle on the other end, made what i now
consider to be a crude nosecone and some pretty decent fins. Have learned a lot in the last couple of weeks and i am
in the process of making a stronger one. I discovered this forum after finding an excellent post on the net about making
a bottle nosecone with a grinder and epoxy putty.
From West Sussex. UK.
Blenderite
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Just discovered Water Rockets

Post by Blenderite »

WELCOME TO THE FORUM Sking0!!! We would love to see pictures of your setup!

For me, most of the fun is finding new and better ways to solve the inevitable problems that we rocket scientist run into!

If I can recommend anything, don't go straight for altitude right away. That is what I did, which I then had issues with unreliable launch and recovery systems, or just simple failures of the pressure chamber!

Figure it out and make it good. Then push for GREATNESS!! Good luck and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

-Blenderite
-Blenderite

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Blenderite

"Get it right, then go for GREATNESS!"