Greetings from Hailey Idaho

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
retrotec29
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Greetings from Hailey Idaho

Post by retrotec29 »

Giving you all a shout from the Wood River Valley. Just getting started with water rockets this summer while putting together some curriculum for the local library. I have been a NAR member for over 30 years and love rocketry. But the local fire danger has left us with an unusable launch site near town. So the natural choice was to move into water rockets. We hope to post some of the fun after school gets back in session. Right now my ten year old daughter and I have completed our first class D rocket. Hopefully we can post the test flight results soon.
Attachments
IMG_0044.jpg
IMG_0044.jpg (80.9 KiB) Viewed 23 times
IMG_0045.jpg
IMG_0045.jpg (73.14 KiB) Viewed 23 times
No matter where you go, there you are. Buckaroo Banzai
anachronist
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Greetings from Hailey Idaho

Post by anachronist »

Very cool rocket, with keen attention to craftsmanship. I see you're using what looks like a 1.5 liter soda water bottle for the nose and pressure vessel.
Careful with that nose cone... if your deployment fails, that seems like it would be a very dangerous lawn dart.
retrotec29
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Greetings from Hailey Idaho

Post by retrotec29 »

Thanks. The tip was a concern during construction. So we made it out of .2mm clear sheet and packing tape. Prittey easy to crush even handling the rocket. The launch site is a very large farmers field. That will also help keep the mishaps to a minimum.
No matter where you go, there you are. Buckaroo Banzai