I missed you guys!

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Alien Space Agency
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

I missed you guys!

Post by Alien Space Agency »

Dang, I've been inactive for a really long time (a year perhaps)

I hope to fly a water rocket this summer just for fun. A 2 stage, to be precise. It will be demonstrating an innovation from an old, simple and reliable design that had been overlooked by Gardena based stagers.

My first stage will have a 700-800ml delay chamber, with a coupling connected to the 1st stage that has a .7mm hole that delays the release of the second stage. The main problem, and has always been, is the adhesive. I mainly use regular 2 part epoxy (not the resin type, the one usually used in filling) that can do the job. But, it is too damn heavy. A splice would weigh 50gms if I used epoxy.

Any suggestions for an alternative adhesive? If i get my paws on plastic steel epoxy it'd be worth the try if it grips more with less epoxy.
Nothing can stop a curious mind from inventing- Anonymous
anachronist
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: I missed you guys!

Post by anachronist »

It isn't clear to me what material you are trying to bond. PVC? PLA? PET?
Interested to know how a non-gardena stager works. I've been wanting to make a 2 stage rocket but wasn't interested in using a gardena coupler for it.
Alien Space Agency
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Alien Space Agency »

Since I have no polyurethane adhesive available (been looking for 2 years) I use regular 2Part epoxy as splice adhesive. Plastic Steel Epoxy for the coupler.

I did try building a crushing sleeve out of heatshrink. Works well at low pressures.
Nothing can stop a curious mind from inventing- Anonymous
bobsmith443

Post by bobsmith443 »

I know nothing about water rockets im just tryna get a full sqaud on fortnite. Im on xbox and my username is HitTheSub. Let me know if anyone down to play.