Hello All

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Graveyard
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Hello All

Post by Graveyard »

Hello Everyone,
I just registered here and thought I'd say hi. I've only been doing the wrocket thing for less than a year now...never knew anything about them till fall of last year. My Son had started engineering college and for "Engineering day" his class was to design a launcher.
Engineering Day is mainly to encourage High School students to consider a career in what else?....engineering.
Anyway, long story short, I googled it and was absolutely amazed! I ended up hogging the project and built a manual launcher for the class to use. (I'm a cnc programmer/ operator at a local machine shop) ...this year they're going to build an RC airplane....My Wife says I can't play....hahaha.
Back to the launcher...after the stage 1 launcher, I noticed that it was kind of a hassel flipping stuff upside down, adding water, flipping stuff back right side up and then launching so....I now have designed and built 2 units that are completly remote controlled...so to speak.
My stage 2 launcher is a little more sophisticated. It has a ball-joint swivel to allow angular positions and also a bubble level to bring it back to vertical. To use it, an empty rocket is placed on the launcher, water is then pumped into the rocket, pressurized and launched all from about 20 feet away.
I'll take some photos in the next few days and post them here ....or rather in the launcher forum.
Anyway, enough about me.
Talk to Everyone later 8)
reno1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Hello All

Post by reno1 »

Graveyard wrote:Hello Everyone,
I just registered here and thought I'd say hi. I've only been doing the wrocket thing for less than a year now...never knew anything about them till fall of last year. My Son had started engineering college and for "Engineering day" his class was to design a launcher.
Engineering Day is mainly to encourage High School students to consider a career in what else?....engineering.
Anyway, long story short, I googled it and was absolutely amazed! I ended up hogging the project and built a manual launcher for the class to use. (I'm a cnc programmer/ operator at a local machine shop) ...this year they're going to build an RC airplane....My Wife says I can't play....hahaha.
Back to the launcher...after the stage 1 launcher, I noticed that it was kind of a hassel flipping stuff upside down, adding water, flipping stuff back right side up and then launching so....I now have designed and built 2 units that are completly remote controlled...so to speak.
My stage 2 launcher is a little more sophisticated. It has a ball-joint swivel to allow angular positions and also a bubble level to bring it back to vertical. To use it, an empty rocket is placed on the launcher, water is then pumped into the rocket, pressurized and launched all from about 20 feet away.
I'll take some photos in the next few days and post them here ....or rather in the launcher forum.
Anyway, enough about me.
Welcome, looks like you got a good jump on things. Look forward to seeing more of your work.
D. Reno, Team Leader.
Team Pump It!
Bonami
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bonami »

Pretty good work for a beginner!

Welcome to water rockets!
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Graveyard wrote:Hello Everyone,
Anyway, enough about me.
Welcome to the WRA2 water rocket forum. We look forward to your contributions.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2: