How did everyone get started?

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How did everyone get started?

Post by WRA2 »

CSAldridge wrote:I had my first water rocket quite a long time ago and looked very similar to U.S. Water Rockets picture there, except mine was a clear red plastic rocket instead of green but the launcher part looked just like that. I tried making one out of a 2 liter bottle back then just to see if i could do it, but i was never able to come up with a way to pressurize it successfully.

seeing all these newer designs for launchers is what is getting me interested again.
Welcome to the WRA2 and the forum CSAldridge :W

We look forward to your contributions. :WRA2:
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CSAldridge wrote:I had my first water rocket quite a long time ago and looked very similar to U.S. Water Rockets picture there, except mine was a clear red plastic rocket instead of green but the launcher part looked just like that. I tried making one out of a 2 liter bottle back then just to see if i could do it, but i was never able to come up with a way to pressurize it successfully.

seeing all these newer designs for launchers is what is getting me interested again.
Which picture are you talking about?

Red sounds pretty sweet.
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
CSAldridge
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by CSAldridge »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Red sounds pretty sweet.

the picture used on the forum post . look at the last U.S. Water Rockets post
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

CSAldridge wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Red sounds pretty sweet.

the picture used on the forum post . look at the last U.S. Water Rockets post
Whoops! Whatever post you were referring to is no longer our last one! What was the picture of? If you can describe the image then we'll find it and upload it again right here for you.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
CSAldridge
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by CSAldridge »

the picture used on the forum post . look at the last U.S. Water Rockets post[/quote]

Whoops! Whatever post you were referring to is no longer our last one! What was the picture of? If you can describe the image then we'll find it and upload it again right here for you.[/quote]

http://www.wra2.org/forum/download/file ... atar=6.gif
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CSAldridge wrote:the picture used on the forum post . look at the last U.S. Water Rockets post
Whoops! Whatever post you were referring to is no longer our last one! What was the picture of? If you can describe the image then we'll find it and upload it again right here for you.[/quote]

http://www.wra2.org/forum/download/file ... atar=6.gif[/quote]

That brings back memories!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Andrewlee
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Andrewlee »

I first saw these wonderful rockets at a Webalows weekend for boy scouts. My Best friend at the time, and I decided to experiment with corks and 2 liter bottles. About a year later I got tired of using the stupid corks, and decided to get creative. So I built a launcher that required holding the bottle on the launch tube. Oh the days of making stupid launchers that had tire valves. haha. Well, I then built a rocket for an 8th grade science fair. My water rocket hit one of my teachers, thus earning me 2nd place in the fair, 2nd to a girl who made a miniature windmill that actually made power.
Well, I kept doing this wonderful activity through high school, even helping out with a Physical Science class, teaching student in middle school at the Private School I went to for high school, how to make these rockets. It became an annual event at the school.
Now, it has been about 3 years since I built a decent rocket, or a decent launcher. So....now I'm back to try and take the record.....given I have time and energy apart from work and college to do it.

-The Incredible Rocket Man
Andrew Lee
"Speak softly, but carry a big stick"
-Andrew Lee

http://thruststormrockets.blogspot.com/
rockets-in-brighton

Post by rockets-in-brighton »

Andrewlee wrote: So....now I'm back to try and take the record.....given I have time and energy apart from work and college to do it.
<soundeffects gaunlet="slapped" target="face" jaw="dropped" challenge="accepted" />
Cheers
Steve
Rockets-in-Brighton
WEB: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rockets-in-brighton