Record Logos?

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.

Is this a good idea or no?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 2
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Record Logos?

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

I just had an idea of maybe someone could make a logo for the classes (A,B,C,ect.) and make them just avaliable to the record holders for the class so they can place them on ther website. The only thing would be that they would have to disable the right click on it.

Then we could know the legit site for everyone and then they could display there acomplishment.

Also maybe there could be one for just the registered members so they can put them on there site to show they are a ligit WRA2 team/competitor.

I think it would be kinda cool. What does everyone else think? Good or Bad?
-Team Parental Advisory

Shameless commercial plug...... http://teamparentaladvisory.googlepages.com
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Record Logos?

Post by Tim Chen »

Drag_Racer408a wrote:I just had an idea of maybe someone could make a logo for the classes (A,B,C,ect.) and make them just avaliable to the record holders for the class so they can place them on ther website. The only thing would be that they would have to disable the right click on it.

Then we could know the legit site for everyone and then they could display there acomplishment.

Also maybe there could be one for just the registered members so they can put them on there site to show they are a ligit WRA2 team/competitor.

I think it would be kinda cool. What does everyone else think? Good or Bad?
Good thinking Dragracer! I think this would be a really cool idea. I'd love to have access to logos and stuff so I could put them on my rockets or maybe even make team T-shirts and put the logos on there too. I think this would be a fun way to raise public awareness of the WRA and water rockets!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

Well i had spair time in one of my classes today and i took the WRA2 banner on the homepage and i a cuting out the background so its just the part on the left. Would you like a copy?

I didn't even think about the rocket part. That would be cool to have the class on the side of the rocket.
-Team Parental Advisory

Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

Here is one i did quick tonight. I like it cause it is simple yet gets the point across. I cleaned up the edges a bit and then put in some text. I used Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004.

And WRA2. I am not sure if these images are copywiten so if they are then I will stop tinkering with them if you wish. I don't want any copyright issues. Just trying to get creative.
Attachments
Idea 1
Idea 1
-Team Parental Advisory

The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

Drag_Racer408a wrote:Well i had spair time in one of my classes today and i took the WRA2 banner on the homepage and i a cuting out the background so its just the part on the left. Would you like a copy?

I didn't even think about the rocket part. That would be cool to have the class on the side of the rocket.
I like where this is going. I hope maybe we can get the original artwork in a large format so we can make posters and t-shirts too.
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Dragracer,

Didn't you design the WRA2 logo?
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

I could make the images bigger. I also have a small version that you can use for your avitar but i want to wait and see what the WRA2 thinks of the whole idea before i make tons of copies with different sizes.

Not spaceman i didn't make the logo for the WRA2. It is really nice for whoever designed it.

I will make some more designs tonight.
-Team Parental Advisory

Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Drag_Racer408a wrote:I could make the images bigger. I also have a small version that you can use for your avitar but i want to wait and see what the WRA2 thinks of the whole idea before i make tons of copies with different sizes.

Not spaceman i didn't make the logo for the WRA2. It is really nice for whoever designed it.

I will make some more designs tonight.
Ok. I thought you might have been the designer because you seem to be the resident artist of the group. You know what would be cool? We need an emoticon for the logo.

Nevermind. There already IS one!!!! :WRA2: COOL!

:mrgreen:

I just clicked ""View more emoticons" and there it was!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Spaceman: I thought Dragracer had something to do with it too, so don't feel bad.

I had a thought. I wonder if we could have a ranking system that shows a number of stars depending on how active you are on the boards? They have them on other boards I read, and it would be fun to have similar rankings here.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Mark Chen »

Tim Chen wrote:Spaceman: I thought Dragracer had something to do with it too, so don't feel bad.

I had a thought. I wonder if we could have a ranking system that shows a number of stars depending on how active you are on the boards? They have them on other boards I read, and it would be fun to have similar rankings here.
You just want ranks because you probably have the most posts here than anyone else! :-P
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

I got the most i think cause i just like to talk everyone. Haha.

I like the star idea. I got a sweet logo designed for the certified member one but i want to know what the WRA2 thinks of this whole thing first.
-Team Parental Advisory

WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

We liked the idea so much we added the image to the WRA2 member rank on the forum. For avatars, each team should use their own team logo. That will give each team their own identity when posting.

We cannot do the "star" ranking system that Tim suggested as the WRA2 members are set with a fixed rank that does not vary based on the number of posts. If you or anyone else wants to submit logos for the class A, B, C, and 1000 foot challenge champions you are welcome to do so. We have already designated seperate ranks for those teams and adding a special image/logo would be easy.

How does everyone feel about having "downloadable logos" to put on your websites? These would be clickable links to this forum and to our main site
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

Great! I am glad you liked it. But i have a better one that is easier to read. So you might want to switch it to this one that i attached. I have a ton of free time so i will probably come up with other ones for different things.
Attachments
This one i like a lot.
This one i like a lot.
-Team Parental Advisory

The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

Drag_Racer408a wrote:Great! I am glad you liked it. But i have a better one that is easier to read. So you might want to switch it to this one that i attached. I have a ton of free time so i will probably come up with other ones for different things.
I like the wording inside the logo the best. Nice job!
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Mark Chen wrote: You just want ranks because you probably have the most posts here than anyone else! :-P
Dragracer is ahead of me, smartypants!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise