Grab adhesive?

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
CH20Rockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Grab adhesive?

Post by CH20Rockets »

hey i want to know is PL Premium Advanced better for holding splices that the regular?
RaZias
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by RaZias »

CH20Rockets wrote:hey i want to know is PL Premium Advanced better for holding splices that the regular?
I don´t think that being "better" than the normal PL is really necessary, regular PL already handles 1400 psi for the USWR, so no need to be stronger than that.

The question are: is it lighter or heavier than the regular one ? Is it more easy to work with ?
Research and Development is the soul of WR
U.S. Water Rockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets »

RaZias wrote:
CH20Rockets wrote:hey i want to know is PL Premium Advanced better for holding splices that the regular?
I don´t think that being "better" than the normal PL is really necessary, regular PL already handles 1400 psi for the USWR, so no need to be stronger than that.

The question are: is it lighter or heavier than the regular one ? Is it more easy to work with ?

The key to a good joint is often just picking the right glue for the materials you are using. The different plastics you encounter will need to have the right glue. If you use PL on everything you try and glue then you will be unhappy with the results. PL is great for some things but there are some plastics it will never stick to. You need to test every glue on the intended material before you go and build a big rocket with it.