New Water Rocket Concept

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Curious George

New Water Rocket Concept

Post by Curious George »

Hello,
This is a recent project of mine and I just wanted to share with the water rocket community in hopes of some constructive feedback.Thank you
Attachments
R Wraps Web.png
R Wraps Web.png (1.66 MiB) Viewed 126 times
air.command

Re: New Water Rocket Concept

Post by air.command »

Hi Glen,

Interesting concept, and I can see you could easily come up with lots of different designs. What age group are you targeting the product at? The main issue I can see is that it may add a significant amount of drag to the rocket, but if you are targeting younger kids then whether the rocket goes 100 feet or 60 feet probably doesn't matter. The other potential issue is in asymmetric designs (like the shuttle shown in your flyer) is that you end up with the rocket tumbling end over end when launched. It would also be nice if the inflatable cover had a pocket of sorts near the nose so that you could add a weight, say clay or even water to make the rocket stable so that simply adding the cover to a bottle makes it into a stable rocket.

- George
http://www.AirCommandRockets.com
Curious George

Post by Curious George »

Thank you for your reply and the good points you have made.I have done quite a lot of work on this inflatable concept and would like to share my material with you if your interested in taking a look.If I cant find a licensor for a product of mine I always make a public disclosure so that the ideas can maybe be of use to someone else.

Glen
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Curious George wrote:Hello,
This is a recent project of mine and I just wanted to share with the water rocket community in hopes of some constructive feedback.Thank you
Hi Curious George,

You have a really nice presentation of your idea. The "airbag" safety aspect should make this idea very appealing. Have you prototyped and tested the concept designs? The images you posted look like real prototypes and not computer models. It would be a surprise to find that there was no interest in this idea because it would appear to carry a high margin for profit. Of course the only stumbling block could be the safety requirements you would need to adhere to to avoid liability when misused. Thanks for sharing the concept.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Curious George

Post by Curious George »

Thank you for all comments, the central inflatable chamber runs the whole length of each design so that larger fuel sources can be used and weight can be added here or there to help stabilize.Contact me at pickofthelitterproducts@gmail.com(Glen) and I will send you all the info I have on this design(and others) and maybe there is something there you would like to eventually try yourself.This product(inflatable central chamber design) is now free and available to the public if anyone wished to manufacture and sell.
RaZias
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by RaZias »

Another site of an inflatable water rocket

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2009/04/13/titan ... er-rocket/
Research and Development is the soul of WR
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Curious George wrote:Thank you for all comments, the central inflatable chamber runs the whole length of each design so that larger fuel sources can be used and weight can be added here or there to help stabilize.Contact me at pickofthelitterproducts@gmail.com(Glen) and I will send you all the info I have on this design(and others) and maybe there is something there you would like to eventually try yourself.This product(inflatable central chamber design) is now free and available to the public if anyone wished to manufacture and sell.
Thanks for sharing your idea with everyone!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Prodigy Rocketry
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Prodigy Rocketry »

That is extra simple and attractive! A perfect for kids in the park, spur of the moment family activity. No big rocket parts/ repair box or prep. Just instant gratification for quick fun in the sun. I would buy a couple just to tryem, looks neat.
Any opinion can be raised, but few grow up to become facts.