Strengthening Rocket

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Andromeda

Strengthening Rocket

Post by Andromeda »

Does anyone here know of adhesives which will bind to dyneema? I am trying to use it to reinforce my rocket but nothing seems to work. Thankyou.
Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Brian »

i loked it up on the internet, i couldn't find an aheasive but i did find some info that could be useful.

To make them bondable by adhesives, one must first modify
the surface. With this modification a specially prepared adhesive can be made
which is effective in making a bond.
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Brian wrote:i loked it up on the internet, i couldn't find an aheasive but i did find some info that could be useful.

To make them bondable by adhesives, one must first modify
the surface. With this modification a specially prepared adhesive can be made
which is effective in making a bond.
Hah. I found the same article as you. The guy mentions using something called "Adhesive System One". I looked it up and couldn't find anyone selling the stuff. I did see someone talking about it on a Saltwater Fishing page. They called it "Jerry Brown's Adhesive System One". I couldn't find anyone selling it by that name either. Maybe this info will help.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Aquafire
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Strengthening Rocket

Post by Aquafire »

Andromeda wrote:Does anyone here know of adhesives which will bind to dyneema? I am trying to use it to reinforce my rocket but nothing seems to work. Thankyou.
Have you tried PL Premium? That sticks to just about everything except the plastic they make bottle caps out of.
Bonami
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Strengthening Rocket

Post by Bonami »

Aquafire wrote:
Andromeda wrote:Does anyone here know of adhesives which will bind to dyneema? I am trying to use it to reinforce my rocket but nothing seems to work. Thankyou.
Have you tried PL Premium? That sticks to just about everything except the plastic they make bottle caps out of.
PL seems to stick but only because it is absorbed into the weave of the fibers and traps them by filling the air spaces. It does not like to stick to the dyneema itself.