New reinforced 2 liter, pics included.

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: New reinforced 2 liter, pics included.

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Nick B wrote:Assembly will wait until both 2 liters have been test fitted together with the nipple, and both 2 liters are tested a second time, separately. Then the holes will be resined up and they will be paired up, and tested as a pair. Then we will hopefully have a booster that will support 220 to 300 psi.
The threaded claw part of the bottle in this image shows a wrap that appears 3/8" thick. Is the whole entire wrap of the bottle that thick? If it is, how much does the bottle weigh like this???
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Prodigy Rocketry
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: New reinforced 2 liter, pics included.

Post by Prodigy Rocketry »

Since this thread is reinforcement related, I would have thought that many members would have known about biaxle expandable sleeves. These come in several matirial choices (fiberglass, carbon fiber, bassalt, Kevlar and various weights) that EASILY facilitate bottle wrapping. There are much better methods than can be quickly explained here so I would reccomend a visit to: http://www.sollercomposites.com/light-sleeves-sock.html
I have used these to build High Powered rocketry airframes with enormous succes and beatiful to boot!
Any opinion can be raised, but few grow up to become facts.