3 liter bottles?

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
arjan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: 3 liter bottles?

Post by arjan »

I agree Blender is more a 3D modeling program focused on animation. I think it's possible to design something like a tornado tube with blender but it will probably take a lot of time to get it right. Designing it with a CAD program would be a lot faster and easier.

Apart from that I think blender is a great piece of software and it's really worth checking out.
Arjan

n-bwaterrockets.blogspot.com
Blenderite
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Blenderite »

What is the pitch for the bottles and how do you figure that out?
-Blenderite

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Blenderite

"Get it right, then go for GREATNESS!"
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

DogLover wrote:What is the pitch for the bottles and how do you figure that out?
We measured the thickness of each thread and the distance between them, and the number of degrees of rotation around the diameter and then made a matching helix of the same dimensions. We could not find the pitch specification for the threads, so we had to just figure out a workaround. These are plastic thread and made with plastic, so the tolerances are not that critical.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison