European Altitude Record for an Aquajet Rocket?

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
bradnams

European Altitude Record for an Aquajet Rocket?

Post by bradnams »

As the subject suggests, I am curious as to what the European altitude record is for an aquajet rocket?

Would be fantastic if someone knows or could find out!

Thanks!

:D
Blenderite
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: European Altitude Record for an Aquajet Rocket?

Post by Blenderite »

By aquajet rocket, I am assuming you mean water rocket. As for the rocket altitude record for Europe, I looked on google and could not find any info on that.
-Blenderite

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Blenderite

"Get it right, then go for GREATNESS!"
arjan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by arjan »

Hi bradnams, :W to this forum.

As far as I know of there's no association that registrates the european records, so I think there's no such thing as an official european record.

But maybe we could find out what the highest self claimed altitude is?

There's a dutch team who claimed 375 meter (1230 feet) altitude back in 2004.
http://home.versatel.nl/e_stoffie/samspage.html
He states this was the dutch record at that time, so far I haven't seen anyone claiming the dutch record.

Does anyone know about higher water rocket altitudes flown within europe?
Arjan

n-bwaterrockets.blogspot.com
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

arjan wrote:Hi bradnams, :W to this forum.

As far as I know of there's no association that registrates the european records, so I think there's no such thing as an official european record.

But maybe we could find out what the highest self claimed altitude is?

There's a dutch team who claimed 375 meter (1230 feet) altitude back in 2004.
http://home.versatel.nl/e_stoffie/samspage.html
He states this was the dutch record at that time, so far I haven't seen anyone claiming the dutch record.

Does anyone know about higher water rocket altitudes flown within europe?
I do not know of any higher flights. The problem with that flight is that it did not comply with WRA2 rules (If I remember correctly: No camera, single flight and CO2 for pressure). For people wishing to claim regional or even local records it is recommended that the proper WRA2 class rules be used so that the records are uniform.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
bradnams

Post by bradnams »

Yes, I mean a water rocket. I am doing a 5th year University project where it is called an "Aquajet rocket" but it has been explained to be the same thing!
Our aim is to get the highest European altitude, (hopefully!) so was wondering if there was one, and I couldn't find any official results either.

Does that mean that my team should just aim for as high as possible, whilst complying with the rules and submit a record attempt to be regarded as European highest altitude?
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

bradnams wrote:Yes, I mean a water rocket. I am doing a 5th year University project where it is called an "Aquajet rocket" but it has been explained to be the same thing!
Our aim is to get the highest European altitude, (hopefully!) so was wondering if there was one, and I couldn't find any official results either.

Does that mean that my team should just aim for as high as possible, whilst complying with the rules and submit a record attempt to be regarded as European highest altitude?
"Aim High" That has a nice ring to it ;-)

Buguwbber
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

bradnams wrote:Yes, I mean a water rocket. I am doing a 5th year University project where it is called an "Aquajet rocket" but it has been explained to be the same thing!

There really is no "regional records" kept due to the number of participants. Then there is the matter of deciding how big each region would be. Then of course, we could have the other extreme when everyone would be claiming the record (for whatever city or town that live in). Perhaps this discussion could continue during our annual rules and association business discussion coming up next month and come up with a way to publish and maintain a list of "regional best"

You still have a couple of options.

1. Compete in one of the classes (we have several classes that do not yet have a record submission which you could compete in)

http://www.wra2.org/WRA2_Competitions.php

2. Fly your flights while complying with the rules and submitting your flights as European highest altitude to our "personal best" forum:

http://www.wra2.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=36

You should also fill out our membership application and enjoy the full benefits of WRA2 membership:

http://wra2.org/WRA2_Membership_Application.php

Good Luck!
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
arjan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by arjan »

WRA2 wrote: I do not know of any higher flights. The problem with that flight is that it did not comply with WRA2 rules (If I remember correctly: No camera, single flight and CO2 for pressure).
Yes, no camera and single flight. Didn't know about the CO2 though.
WRA2 wrote: For people wishing to claim regional or even local records it is recommended that the proper WRA2 class rules be used so that the records are uniform.
That makes sense
WRA2 wrote:There really is no "regional records" kept due to the number of participants. Then there is the matter of deciding how big each region would be. Then of course, we could have the other extreme when everyone would be claiming the record (for whatever city or town that live in). Perhaps this discussion could continue during our annual rules and association business discussion coming up next month and come up with a way to publish and maintain a list of "regional best"
I like the "regional best list" idea
Arjan

n-bwaterrockets.blogspot.com