measurement units

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
da-water

measurement units

Post by da-water »

what's your favourite measurement unit?? :D
i want to know if you prefer cm(centimetres) or inches..
D.D. ROCKETS

if you don't uderstand what I wrote, tell me it and i'll write better the same thing !!! :D
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

I like mm and ml for rocket size and capacity but I like feet for altitude!
Bill W.
Team Seneca
da-water

Post by da-water »

do you all agree??
i'm going to upload a Cp Software and i have to be sure about the measurement unit...

for rocket size...
D.D. ROCKETS

if you don't uderstand what I wrote, tell me it and i'll write better the same thing !!! :D
ATK

Post by ATK »

da-water wrote:do you all agree??
i'm going to upload a Cp Software and i have to be sure about the measurement unit...

for rocket size...
I prefer metric units but is is easy to convert if not.
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

I like inches and liters. I can see if you don't want to use inches but i think liters would be better than ML. It is easier to acidetally put to man zeros on 3400 ml than just saying 3.4 liters.

But its your deal so do what you want. Maybe make 2 :lol:
-Team Parental Advisory

Shameless commercial plug...... http://teamparentaladvisory.googlepages.com
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Brian »

yeh, im metric. its also good because 1kg = 1L
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Most people in the sport tend to use metric measurements for the rocket volume and english measurements for the altitude. It doesn't really matter as everyone here can convert if needed.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

ATK wrote:I prefer metric units but is is easy to convert if not.
Welcome to the forum!!!
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
da-water

Post by da-water »

the software is about the cp... it doesn't use litres or ml or something else.. it doesn't use capacity unit....

i will use cm because , if i used inches, i shuold change totally the software..
D.D. ROCKETS

Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

da-water wrote:the software is about the cp... it doesn't use litres or ml or something else.. it doesn't use capacity unit....

i will use cm because , if i used inches, i shuold change totally the software..
I am excited to try out the software. I'll convert to meters or inches or yards or miles on my own if I need to. I appreciate the work that's getting put into the program and can't wait to use it. Thank you!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
da-water

Post by da-water »

u r welcome :)
i' m sure this software is so easy that every body can use it...
you can't use this software for multi stage rockets because it isn't very sofisticated but, for single stage rockets, i think it's quite good...
D.D. ROCKETS

Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

da-water wrote:u r welcome :)
i' m sure this software is so easy that every body can use it...
you can't use this software for multi stage rockets because it isn't very sofisticated but, for single stage rockets, i think it's quite good...
Would it be possible to compute the CP of a multi-stage rocket by computing the CP of each stage averaged with the overall length of the complete rocket? It seems like this would be an esy way to determine it.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
da-water

Post by da-water »

i don't know if it would be possible.. but the first stage usually doesn't go very high.. 30/40m... i saw it in Air Command videos.. so it doesn't have to be very accurate...

perhaps it does.. i will ask in my forum :D
D.D. ROCKETS

Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

da-water wrote:i don't know if it would be possible.. but the first stage usually doesn't go very high.. 30/40m... i saw it in Air Command videos.. so it doesn't have to be very accurate...

perhaps it does.. i will ask in my forum :D
I think if the first stage used a smaller nozzle then it would burn longer and go a lot higher but it would lift off more slowly and then you would need to know more about the stability of the rocket.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
da-water

Re: measurement units

Post by da-water »

yes, but the first stage could not be able to go with a too small nozzle.. it must be very "strong" to pull up the second stage...

as you can see in air command' s multistage, they always use standard gardena nozzles (9mm) and even bigger in rockets with small lateral boosters (13mm)..

so it would burn more but it could not be able to pull up the second stage... sorry for repetition :P
D.D. ROCKETS