Staging

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Staging

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Can someone give me instructions on how to build a multi stage rocket. Like I know how to splice and all that just I don't know the mechanism. I can use regular stores like walmart, a hobby store I have near me, safeway, giant, target, michaels, home depot, bike store, etc. Please help
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Staging

Anyone! My best one stage rocket went to 421'. Under 180 psi 4 liters.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Anyone! My best one stage rocket went to 421'. Under 180 psi 4 liters.
That's great! I haven't built A multi stage yet but when I do, its going to be the garter belt style that grips the lower pressurized bottle with a ring of PET that only slips on/off an unpressurized bottle.

So I'm curious, what does one have to do to attain the title water rocket expert? ;-)

Bugwubber
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Anyone! My best one stage rocket went to 421'. Under 180 psi 4 liters.
Building a multi stage rocket is not a trivial task. There are a lot of different ways to make them, but none of them are very easy. One way that people do it is with a "crushing Sleeve" stager. Other people make mechanical released that operate on a timer or a servo or even air pressure.

It might be fun to try and invent your own design, so that your unique ideas are incorporated. Getting new ideas into the mix is never a bad thing. It beats just cloning what someone else did.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:
Building a multi stage rocket is not a trivial task. There are a lot of different ways to make them, but none of them are very easy. One way that people do it is with a "crushing Sleeve" stager. Other people make mechanical released that operate on a timer or a servo or even air pressure.

It might be fun to try and invent your own design, so that your unique ideas are incorporated. Getting new ideas into the mix is never a bad thing. It beats just cloning what someone else did.
Hey I don't care if I copy a design I am a kid (14) and really lie building water rockets. As I said (421'). :razz:
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

bugwubber wrote:
That's great! I haven't built A multi stage yet but when I do, its going to be the garter belt style that grips the lower pressurized bottle with a ring of PET that only slips on/off an unpressurized bottle.

So I'm curious, what does one have to do to attain the title water rocket expert? ;-)

Bugwubber
Make a water rocket that goes at least 20 feet, be human, like rocketry, and know how to create a user name that says "Water Rocket Expert!" BO:
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:
U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:

Hey I don't care if I copy a design I am a kid (14) and really lie building water rockets. As I said (421'). :razz:
421' is a great achievement! You should be proud of your accomplishment!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

bugwubber wrote:

Bugwubber
Make a water rocket that goes at least 20 feet, be human, like rocketry, and know how to create a user name that says "Water Rocket Expert!" BO:
Nah, 20 ft is novice territory. I should know, cause thats what my first launch did. Now getting a rocket up to 421 though, well thats definitely something to be proud of.

I should rephrase my question to be more direct- do you have any rocket pictures or videos to show off?

Bugwubber
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

I don't and the only reason I know the altitude, is because my friend has a Jolly Logic Altimeter One Altimeter. Understand. Sorry. But I will ask, If I make a two stage, and use that balloon nipple method, is the 22 mm neck to big for both first and second stage because I only have a fish tank check valve and that is very big so it will only fit through the 22 mm opening. Thanks.

Sorry for bad grammar.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

Water Rocket Expert wrote: Hey I don't care if I copy a design I am a kid (14) and really lie building water rockets. As I said (421'). :razz:
We don't care if you copy other designs. Many people share their ideas and encourage people to use them. The only thing that is frowned upon is when you take the design from someone else and present it as your own. The only thing sleazier than that is to take another persons idea and try to make money off it!
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Reptiglorandrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Reptiglorandrockets »

bugwubber wrote:

Bugwubber
I'm 14 years old, I love rocketry, had a PB of 621'( in 2010) and I came up with the creative name of Reptiglorandrockets. Am I a expert then? :) Heh heh... Ok... I know that was a lame joke...
Blog:http://rrockets.blogspot.com/?m=1

Email: reptiglorandrockets@gmail.com

Visit Reptiglorandrockets on YouTube!

Facebook: Randy Truman Jr.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Nope, you missed one thing. Your user name ain't Water Rocket Expert! Hey I'm 14 too. You know and logging altimeters that I could buy I don't have an altimeter the reason I know the altitude is from a friends altimeter one.

Thanks

I live in Maryland USA do you live in USA or Germany.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
Reptiglorandrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Reptiglorandrockets »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Nope, you missed one thing. Your user name ain't Water Rocket Expert! Hey I'm 14 too. You know and logging altimeters that I could buy I don't have an altimeter the reason I know the altitude is from a friends altimeter one.

Thanks

I live in Maryland USA do you live in USA or Germany.
Ok... Then I'm the water rocket God! :-)
George from Aircommandrockets uses a altimeter made by zLog, but I don't know the specific type though...
I use the Altimeter one, its a great $40investment.

I live in the great state of Missouri. Home to the... wait... ...what is Missouri great for? Oh yeah... Squirrel hunting! But that is completely Diffrent topic though. Just wondering, do you have a YT channel?

-Randy
Blog:http://rrockets.blogspot.com/?m=1

Email: reptiglorandrockets@gmail.com

Visit Reptiglorandrockets on YouTube!

Facebook: Randy Truman Jr.