Water Rocket Staging and Deployment Breakthrough Discovery

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Blenderite
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Water Rocket Staging and Deployment Breakthrough Discove

Post by Blenderite »

Hmm, so the top bottle cap is reamed out so that the bottle can just slid into it? Still a little confused.
-Blenderite

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Blenderite

"Get it right, then go for GREATNESS!"
ChocolateFudgeCake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Water Rocket Staging and Deployment Breakthrough Discovery

Post by ChocolateFudgeCake »

Yooo, Thanks So Much. This Is Genius. I never would have thought of this!
ChocolateFudgeCake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Why does it work only 90% of the time?
Regards,
ChocolateFudge
ChocolateFudgeCake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I am sure you could make some modifications.
ChocolateFudgeCake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Water Rocket Expert wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:35 pm Everyone, Water Rocket Expert has developed a new reliable staging and deployment mechanism that is easy enough for a child to understand. The staging and deployment use similar mechanisms. The name for my new staging mechanism is called the “Balloon Valve Stager.” Maybe you’re thinking, “I’ve heard of this before.” Well don’t be mistaken because this is a new upgraded version of the original one valve stager. The advantages to this stager are as follows:
-It is easy to build
-It is not time consuming
-Materials are readily available in most countries
-It works 90% of the time
-It’s not complicated
Okay, so here is how it works:
You will need:
-Nine or twelve inch balloon
-Duct Tape, hot glue, or epoxy glue. Particularly epoxy.
-One way fish valve. Found at Wal-Mart or PetSmart. Typically sold by a Wal-Mart brand or by Tetra (A fish company).
-Your rocket with both stages and full size 22mm nozzle. Try this with water balloons for a smaller nozzle.

Now cut a small hole in the top of your balloon. I mean small. Like the size of a BB or smaller. 4mm probably. Then insert your valve stem in the hole regarding the orientation or the one way valve. Glue or tape the valve to the balloon and sip the mouth of the balloon over the top side of your spliced bottle. Duct tape the valve enhanced balloon on. Make sure that air can go into the balloon and out the other side. Insert the valve enhanced balloon into a 22mm nozzle (or smaller if it works). Use a ring fin for second stage support. Now pressurize your rocket. If done correctly (it always worked for me) the balloon should let air through to the second stage and create a seal to keep air in. When the pressure in the booster drops, then the sustainers pressure kicks into play and thrusts the second stage away pushing the deflated balloon out. The balloon never popped for me. If it does for you (which it shouldn't if you do it correctly) then try using some flexible plastic tubing that fits and inflates instead of the balloon. Try using water balloons for smaller nozzles ( I haven’t tried it yet and might not ever if
I can get any water balloons.
Enjoy the staging mechanism. I did not copy Antigravity Research Corporation. I searched on line. This is my own work. Please comment and ask questions. I couldn’t find it already out there.

TC:
How does water not escape? It looks to me as if the only thing from preventing the water from escaping is the balloon. It doesn't look airtight to me. Forgive me if I am asking a stupid question as I am very new to water rockets.
Thank you,
ChocolateFudge