PET bottle internal water flowing

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

PET bottle internal water flowing

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

does anyone know how to make a more effiecient way to move the water through the rocket. Like when I fill it up the water is filled past the first section of bottles and the tiny neck I thought might be restricting it's flow Through there. Is that true? Are there any ways to fix that problem?
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PET bottle internal water flowing

Post by WRA2 »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:does anyone know how to make a more effiecient way to move the water through the rocket. Like when I fill it up the water is filled past the first section of bottles and the tiny neck I thought might be restricting it's flow Through there. Is that true? Are there any ways to fix that problem?
Splicing!
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

I mean the coupleing problem. Do you mean making one huge bottle out of the midsections of other bottles?
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:I mean the coupleing problem. Do you mean making one huge bottle out of the midsections of other bottles?
The most efficient way is to splice the entire rocket and not use any of the couplers. Any coupler is a "choke point" for either air or water or both.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Thanks! Good idea! TH:
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland