U.S. Water Rockets

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: U.S. Water Rockets

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Wow! What a brilliant idea! You guys never cease to amaze me with your innovations! You are an inspiration to us all! Nice work! I can hardly wait for the next installment!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Cool. Neat how you can see the camera in flight from above. I have tried that with an RC plane but it never seems to work well.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Cool. Neat how you can see the camera in flight from above. I have tried that with an RC plane but it never seems to work well.
We will have more details in the next video that might be helpful in other chase camera systems.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

You guys have a darn big rocket to carry that!
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:
Water Rocket Expert wrote:Cool. Neat how you can see the camera in flight from above. I have tried that with an RC plane but it never seems to work well.
We will have more details in the next video that might be helpful in other chase camera systems.
Looking forward to that!
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

When will that be posted?

I was trying some pyro launches just before what rockets to get view of the water rocket launch. Worked okay but it was hard to see the rocket.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Water Rocket Expert wrote:You guys have a darn big rocket to carry that!
We launched it in later flights with a smaller rocket made from 1 liter bottles. The big rocket was actually used initially because we were using it to lift some other experimental payloads at the same time, so we were just making use of the same rocket for multiple tests as opposed to having to rig up several different rockets. It also happens that the bigger rocket is larger in the video from the chase camera, so we liked that.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Using your "Chase Camera" idea

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:
Water Rocket Expert wrote:You guys have a darn big rocket to carry that!
We launched it in later flights with a smaller rocket made from 1 liter bottles. The big rocket was actually used initially because we were using it to lift some other experimental payloads at the same time, so we were just making use of the same rocket for multiple tests as opposed to having to rig up several different rockets. It also happens that the bigger rocket is larger in the video from the chase camera, so we liked that.
I just wanted to let you guys know that I was so impressed by the chase camera idea that I am making it my goal to try and reproduce a version of it for my water rockets. I have watched your video like 10 times already! I love the idea and how you build up the concept with the sketches and explanation, but I mostly love the video of the rocket from behind at the end.

I can't believe nobody has ever tried this before.

It's been a while, when will the next video come out?
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Thanks, Spaceman! We have a lot of things going on at the moment, so we can say when the next video is due, but it shouldn't be a very long.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page