How can you prevent warping of a pressure chamber

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

How can you prevent warping of a pressure chamber

Post by dwrrule »

How can you prevent warping of a pressure chamber or a rocket. In the past ive had my rockets warp from standing upright on the fins or from laying down.
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: How can you prevent warping of a pressure chamber

Post by Mark Chen »

dwrrule wrote:How can you prevent warping of a pressure chamber or a rocket. In the past ive had my rockets warp from standing upright on the fins or from laying down.
We had the same problems so now we tie a cord around the nozzle and hang them inverted from the rafters in the garage. Works great!
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

What about when you travel to a park or a field on a nice or HOT day to launch them.
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

dwrrule wrote:What about when you travel to a park or a field on a nice or HOT day to launch them.
We launch in the field behind our parents house, so we don't have to travel. We never thought of that. I suppose it would be bad in a hot car? I guess you would have to make something to hold the rocket flat, like a wooden cradle or something. That would not be too hard. If you're good with wood you could make a crate like thay always show in the movies when they ship missiles! That would sure attract a crowd at a park! LOL!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

What if you put a cap on the nozzle and filled the rocket with 15-20PSI of air? It would get firm and resist warping.
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

Hey the air thing sounds like a great idea thanks an so does the wooden fram thank you