regarding Simultanious Launch world record

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
TeamEagle
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

regarding Simultanious Launch world record

Post by TeamEagle »

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Our Team want to break the Simultanious Launch world record which made by Team Gotta Launch,
Launched 213 water rockets at the same time on on June 19th, 2009. They performed this at the Delft University of Technology.

I have some query regarding the record
1.a:-
is there is any gape of friction of time at the time of launch.i.e. suppose the 250 rocket decide to launch at 12:30:30(Hour:Min:Sec).but 218 launch at 12:30:30 and remaining 32 lack the time of one sec and they launch at 12:30:31
at the time of launch.so question is how many launch counted
1.b:-and how they count it I want to know exact procedure.
2.If we try to break this record who is verify Our Team.
3.what is the process of veriffication .
4.what things required for it i.e.
is it video of launch is sufficent ? if not then please tel us the list the required things.
5.Our Team Eagle is resister by me(Anand Kumar) .Is all the member who try to break this record is participate under team Eagle obviously there are more than 217 people.
6.Can we invite Guinness world Records Team to verify separately or Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association (WRA2) verify our record if yes then how WRA2 verify.
7.Our Team will Perform It somewhere in India so my question is again who is verify us and how
please guide Us
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: regarding Simultanious Launch world record

Post by bugwubber »

TeamEagle wrote:Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Our Team want to break the Simultanious Launch world record which made by Team Gotta Launch,
Launched 213 water rockets at the same time on on June 19th, 2009. They performed this at the Delft University of Technology.

I have some query regarding the record
1.a:-
is there is any gape of friction of time at the time of launch.i.e. suppose the 250 rocket decide to launch at 12:30:30(Hour:Min:Sec).but 218 launch at 12:30:30 and remaining 32 lack the time of one sec and they launch at 12:30:31
at the time of launch.so question is how many launch counted
1.b:-and how they count it I want to know exact procedure.
2.If we try to break this record who is verify Our Team.
3.what is the process of veriffication .
4.what things required for it i.e.
is it video of launch is sufficent ? if not then please tel us the list the required things.
5.Our Team Eagle is resister by me(Anand Kumar) .Is all the member who try to break this record is participate under team Eagle obviously there are more than 217 people.
6.Can we invite Guinness world Records Team to verify separately or Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association (WRA2) verify our record if yes then how WRA2 verify.
7.Our Team will Perform It somewhere in India so my question is again who is verify us and how
please guide Us

Here's a thread I started on this topic last year. The current record number of MOST PEOPLE to simultaneous launch is 443. There was a launch in China of close to 700 rockets but they were mass launched by a smaller number of people.

http://www.wra2.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2194

Still, that'd be a lot of fun!
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

To add to that, based on what I found out, Guinness World Records maintains that particular record. And there are currently two related to water rockets that they maintain-

Most Simultaneous (443)
Most Launched within 24 hours (2,531)

Simultaneous = within 5 seconds

"Inviting" Guinness means paying something like $7,000 USD to have them come out to watch. This is mainly for publicity stunts and is not required.

To start the process for Guinness World Records, you need to go to http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/ and click on the "Set a Record" button.

And hello by the way!
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
TeamEagle
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by TeamEagle »

thanking you Team S.P.E.W.
for guide and help us.please tell me If we will not take help from Guinness world Records people to verify then who will verify Our record and event.please anybody guide us my remaing query which I listed not solved yet
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Check out how team Gotta Launch did their record.

I'm not sure if WRA2 does this record of if Guinness does.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

bugwubber wrote:To add to that, based on what I found out, Guinness World Records maintains that particular record. And there are currently two related to water rockets that they maintain-

Most Simultaneous (443)

"Inviting" Guinness means paying something like $7,000 USD to have them come out to watch. This is mainly for publicity stunts and is not required.

To start the process for Guinness World Records, you need to go to http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/ and click on the "Set a Record" button.

And hello by the way!

Their records are stupid. They have devolved into a corporate money grabbing operation. Look at the records they want to give to water rockets, they only do records that don't take any effort on their part to validate. They want o make it so you pay them big bucks and all they do is spend 5 minutes writing the rules and 10 minutes counting bottles for every submission. If they did an altitude record, they would need to write real rules like WRA2 has, and then have to spend real time making sure the record is validated.

It sucks!
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Team Seneca wrote:
bugwubber wrote:To add to that, based on what I found out, Guinness World Records maintains that particular record. And there are currently two related to water rockets that they maintain-

Most Simultaneous (443)

And hello by the way!

Their records are stupid. They have devolved into a corporate money grabbing operation. Look at the records they want to give to water rockets, they only do records that don't take any effort on their part to validate. They want o make it so you pay them big bucks and all they do is spend 5 minutes writing the rules and 10 minutes counting bottles for every submission. If they did an altitude record, they would need to write real rules like WRA2 has, and then have to spend real time making sure the record is validated.

It sucks!

Sadly, that is true. The only thing they spend their time and money on is producing those brightly colored books every year. :saber:
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Everyone we have has discussions about this have indicated much the same thing. They don't like technical records that are complicated to validate.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

TeamEagle wrote:thanking you Team S.P.E.W.
for guide and help us.please tell me If we will not take help from Guinness world Records people to verify then who will verify Our record and event.please anybody guide us my remaing query which I listed not solved yet
After you submit your notification , about six weeks later they will email back instructions. Basically you will have to take clear video and pictures and produce a method of verifying how many rockets actually launched within the 5 sec window.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

bugwubber wrote:
TeamEagle wrote:thanking you Team S.P.E.W.
After you submit your notification , about six weeks later they will email back instructions. Basically you will have to take clear video and pictures and produce a method of verifying how many rockets actually launched within the 5 sec window.
It makes you wonder how many of their records are that easy to confirm. They have no peer review process, so how hard can it be to fool them?
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

I have been observing this topic for the last few days and have determined that there is enough interest from the members to begin a discussion to create a new WRA2 competition class for the Simultaneous Launch world record.

The discussion can be found here:

http://www.wra2.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2506

This is a really good example as to why there needs to be a standard set of rules where no one really knows what the record is, who set it and under what standards was it set.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

I've attached the rules doc that GWR sent me.
Attachments
69108 - Most water rockets launched simultaneously 10.pdf
(199.97 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.