so I went to a Tripoli launch

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

so I went to a Tripoli launch

Post by bugwubber »

We've never seen a hpr launch in person so we went to the first launch of the year. I almost asked about bringing out water rockets but decided we just wanted to observe this time. While there, I learned another group had worked with the club and were supposed to bring water rockets to this launch but the club had to back out due to grief from their insurance. Sad.

Saw a rocket named CATO3. I am totally stealing that name. It did not and it took the owner and his daughter 1hr to recover. They came back covered in mud. Saw he had live telemetry with gps feeding into google map.

A clustered 3E motor rocket did however. Oops!

My kid's favorite launch? The furry Spider that went 30ft high and had an RC triggered parachute.

Fun day
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: so I went to a Tripoli launch

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

bugwubber wrote:We've never seen a hpr launch in person so we went to the first launch of the year. I almost asked about bringing out water rockets but decided we just wanted to observe this time. While there, I learned another group had worked with the club and were supposed to bring water rockets to this launch but the club had to back out due to grief from their insurance. Sad.

Saw a rocket named CATO3. I am totally stealing that name. It did not and it took the owner and his daughter 1hr to recover. They came back covered in mud. Saw he had live telemetry with gps feeding into google map.

A clustered 3E motor rocket did however. Oops!

My kid's favorite launch? The furry Spider that went 30ft high and had an RC triggered parachute.

Fun day
That sounds like it was a fun time. Did you mean to imply that the insurance for the launch was squeamish about insuring the other group because they were going to bring water rockets? That's interesting to know.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
rstaff3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: so I went to a Tripoli launch

Post by rstaff3 »

I am a regular at my local HPR clubs, and hope to be the first to fly a water rocket at one of their launches. (I'll probably find out someone has done so, but I can't remember one since I joined in '99.) Sorry to see you were stopped by insurance. Our club flies under our own insurance so water rockets won't be excluded.