Are you looking for tommytimers?

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Are you looking for tommytimers?

Post by Tim Chen »

dwrrule wrote:This is what makes this so hard to be in this group an show an share stuff. People that respond likes this!!
an you know TIM CHEN i dont have to impress you or show you anything.
Tim Chen wrote:
dwrrule wrote:LOL my laptop is full of videos.
Does that mean I should expect a fresh load on your website? :idea:

This is what makes this so hard to be in this group an show an share stuff. People that respond likes this!!
Dude, don't be upset. I don't want to make you feel obligated to share stuff or impress me. I only thought you were hinting that you were going to post updated clips to your site. I happen to think your camera rocket takes as good a video as anyone out there and enjoy your work. I'm sorry if my meaning was lost. That's not what I meant.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

Im not upset its just the way you worded it but its all good I have posted more stuff on my site but i was going to wait till summer to get some "Good" video with no cloud cover. Thank you for your complments it nice to get feed back.
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

dwrrule wrote:Im not upset its just the way you worded it but its all good I have posted more stuff on my site but i was going to wait till summer to get some "Good" video with no cloud cover. Thank you for your complments it nice to get feed back.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. It's easy for me to give the wrong meaning because we're not talking face to face. I'll be more careful.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

no problem
sporter2k5
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by sporter2k5 »

dwrrule wrote:Ok the pictures of the crushing sleeve on my site.
Thanks for the images. I see what you've done looks quite nicely refined. I like how you have used that clear tube to hold the caps together. If the caps friction lock into the clear tube it must stabilize the connection at lower pressures. I had to hold my crushing sleeve stages together until I had about 15-20SPSI or else it would start to pull apart. I think this would fix that problem. Thanks for the pix!
Steve
sporter2k5#NOSPAM#@gmail.com
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

no problem your welcome!
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Mark Chen »

dwrrule,

Is that a piece of FTC that steve is referring to?

I like that design a lot. Your work is very clean and tidy. Anywho, that whole setup looks a lot lighter than I pictured a crushing sleeve would be based on the descriptions I've read. Maybe us guys are spending too much time reinventing the wheel when there's a lot to be said for just perfecting the tried and true systems.
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

Yep thats a piece of FTC it keeps the two caps lined up an keeps the top rocket from shifting to one side. the top cap is only about a 1/8 to a 1/4 down in the piece of ftc an the other part of the ftc is pushed down solid
sporter2k5
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by sporter2k5 »

Thanks for the further clarification!
Steve
sporter2k5#NOSPAM#@gmail.com
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

Thank you for your comments!!
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dwrrule wrote:Im not upset its just the way you worded it but its all good I have posted more stuff on my site but i was going to wait till summer to get some "Good" video with no cloud cover. Thank you for your complments it nice to get feed back.
I want to point out that I really think that everybodies rocket pictures and vids look great even with clouds in them. I mean a few clouds, not a rainy dark cloudy day. Look at dwrrule's avatar and see what I think looks really good. If you can fly with a few clouds like that I think it really makes the images look pretty. Just my 2 cents!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

you mean days like this http://www.divshare.com/download/4726235-c9e this was todays fight!!!!
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

dwrrule wrote:you mean days like this http://www.divshare.com/download/4726235-c9e this was todays fight!!!!
That was very impressive! Was that a new rocket or is it the same one you flew before? If you have names for the rockets maybe you could identify them so we can get an idea what each rocket performs like from the videos.

Seeing how good your videos look really have me excited to get out and fly. Thanks for posting that!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

Yep thats the same basic rocket except i took the weight out of the nose which was ounce to see how it flys an thats what i got. 120psi 1 liter of water soap mix.
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

i only have 3 rockets made at this time the basic, camera, an 2stage