Mystery Project Announcement

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Blenderite
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Mystery Project Announcement

Post by Blenderite »

I am finally getting around to making one of these. Got a couple questions:

1. Is there a option for apogee deploy?

2. Have you considered a LCD readout?

3. What's for supper? :wink:

I got all the parts on order hopefully they will be here soon! Thanks for the wonderful design!
-Blenderite

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Blenderite

"Get it right, then go for GREATNESS!"
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

DogLover wrote:I am finally getting around to making one of these. Got a couple questions:

1. Is there a option for apogee deploy?

2. Have you considered a LCD readout?

3. What's for supper? :wink:

I got all the parts on order hopefully they will be here soon! Thanks for the wonderful design!

The deploy can be set for apogee or up to 30 seconds delay past the apogee point. You can deploy either a servo or use the digital output to control you own deploy circuit. The idea of an LCD would be cool, but we were trying to keep the cost down. Most people would just buy an off-the-shelf altimeter if the do-it-yourself version was not significantly cheaper. If the price becomes close to equal the only great advantage to our design is the servo deploy output.

Let us know how the build goes!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Blenderite
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Blenderite »

I was going to build it yesterday, but the post office decided that I had to pick up the box with the MSP430 at the counter, which of course was closed.

I got the rest of the parts though! Hopefully I can put it together this week.
-Blenderite

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Blenderite

"Get it right, then go for GREATNESS!"
anoymous

Post by anoymous »

are the parts also available in Belgium?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.
anoymous

Post by anoymous »

Hi
Is there someone who knows how to write the apogee deployment on an arduino? I couldn't find the parts for the altimeter like you guys made it. and we also want to save it on a sd card
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.
beginingrocket
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

question about 3d nozzle

Post by beginingrocket »

hello us water rockets im new and I am wondering if you can put in a downloadable link to get the nozzle and so I can print it with my schools 3d printer they said they might let me use it and I also been wondering if you could sell me a nozzle you can make some good money by doing that and please check out my first 2 stage rocket and tell me if there is a flaw
OleBaltzer

Re: question about 3d nozzle

Post by OleBaltzer »

beginingrocket wrote:hello us water rockets im new and I am wondering if you can put in a downloadable link to get the nozzle and so I can print it with my schools 3d printer they said they might let me use it and I also been wondering if you could sell me a nozzle you can make some good money by doing that and please check out my first 2 stage rocket and tell me if there is a flaw
This must be what you are looking for:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:781367
China_WaterRocket
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by China_WaterRocket »

Good project.
Hope to provide more pictures.
Too many words.
I come from China, do not understand English, your information I use the translation software to view. I like water rockets, technology is the same, I hope we can become friends.
China_WaterRocket
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by China_WaterRocket »

Who can understand this picture?
Come on.
Attachments
472560171349249762.jpg
472560171349249762.jpg (62.73 KiB) Viewed 17 times
I come from China, do not understand English, your information I use the translation software to view. I like water rockets, technology is the same, I hope we can become friends.
kendreaditya

Post by kendreaditya »

Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me build a water bottle rocket that stays in the air for 15 seconds. Carries an egg and that is a 1 Liter bottle rocket.

The rules to this event are in the pdf link below:
https://bayacademyscienceolympiad.wikis ... Rocket.pdf

Thank You!
Lecce Water rockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Lecce Water rockets »

U.S. Water Rockets wrote: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:10 pm It has been 10 years since U.S. Water Rockets set the WRA2 World Record Altitude for Water Rockets.
Join us in two weeks for a very special announcement.

http://www.uswaterrockets.com/coming_soon.htm
Hi U.S. water rockets. The link is not working...are there any news? Or maybe some new projects for the altitude record? It would be nice to see you back on the top!