idiotic launch site

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
anoymous

idiotic launch site

Post by anoymous »

Hi like I already said in the introduction (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2728), we do our research competences about water rockets. Now wants our physics teacher us to launch at the courtyard of the school. It is 65m long, 45m wide and is completely surrounded with a building (namely our school). The building is approx. 15 m high (exept on one side there is the building only 4 m high. are there others who also think this is dangerous?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: idiotic launch site

Post by WRA2 »

anoymous wrote:Hi like I already said in the introduction (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2728), we do our research competences about water rockets. Now wants our physics teacher us to launch at the courtyard of the school. It is 65m long, 45m wide and is completely surrounded with a building (namely our school). The building is approx. 15 m high (exept on one side there is the building only 4 m high. are there others who also think this is dangerous?
Not exactly dangerous but more likely lots of rockets on the roof. Hope you have a ladder.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Hopefully you are not launching at 45° angles ;-)

For a Cubscout Daycamp, we launched over 200 rockets (not all at once) in a large circle drive with cars parked all around us. Only one landed on a car.

Make sure you can adjust launch angle to account for wind and you can likely keep most in the courtyard if its not gusty. Oh and use minimal or parachutes.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
anoymous

Post by anoymous »

thanks
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.