You Americans are very lucky

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
anoymous

You Americans are very lucky

Post by anoymous »

I am Belgian, and we don't learn anything about water rocketry at school (in fact, not about any kind of rocketry). There is one contest in the whole country. at least, I found only one contest on the internet and that was actually by accident. Some youth movements make rockets, but nothing like you do in America. and something else: our PVC tubes are actually 2mm smaller, so building a cheap working launcher isn't easy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.
RaketfuedRockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: You Americans are very lucky

Post by RaketfuedRockets »

You could use gardena components for your launcher, like many other european water rocketeers.
In Germany there are a few contests and launch day events every year.
Since Belgium is pretty close to Germany you could visit a launch day or contest in Germany.
There are also some "youth movements" in Germany, like DTM-Rockets (unfortunately they have no YouTube channel or website), Aircommando Walldorf, TheCrazyHobbyists and of course our own team. :)
Greetings
Julian from Team Raketfued
RaketfuedRockets - Building water rockets since 2011
Check out our YouTube-Channel: www.youtube.com/Raketfued
Check out our website: www.raketfuedrockets.com
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/RaketfuedRockets
anoymous

Post by anoymous »

From where I live (Antwerp), it is at least driving two hours to the border. I personally think it is too far. I agree, the ones that live in the enviroment of Hasselt can visit your launch days and contests.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.
anoymous

Post by anoymous »

is there actually anyone Belgian other than me on this site?
- Albert Einstein