21 Liter Booster

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Batkiter

Re: 21 Liter Booster

Post by Batkiter »

Tim Chen wrote:I want to try and make a batkiter coupling design that is just made from common PVC pipe fittings that way everyone can make them without special tools! I don't like using brass lamp rods inside my rockets. I want to try to make something with a larger diameter as well.

What does your "tool" you use to install the couplings look like?
Here are a few pics from my tool!
Attachments
BILD0361.JPG
BILD0360.JPG
Batkiter

Post by Batkiter »

Tim Chen wrote:I want to try and make a batkiter coupling design that is just made from common PVC pipe fittings that way everyone can make them without special tools! I don't like using brass lamp rods inside my rockets. I want to try to make something with a larger diameter as well.

Here the solution! Lamp rods from brass are not really good for assembling more than two or more tanks.

Batkiter
Attachments
BILD0361.JPG
BILD0360.JPG
Batkiter

Post by Batkiter »

Batkiter wrote:

Here the solution! Lamp rods from brass are not really good for assembling more than two or more tanks.

Batkiter
Sorry for twice! Please delate the last post!
sporter2k5
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by sporter2k5 »

You can drill out the center of a large nylon bolt you can get the same results. If you make several of them you can put them in a star pattern and get more air flow.
Steve
sporter2k5#NOSPAM#@gmail.com