Blue Flame I

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Batkiter

Blue Flame I

Post by Batkiter »

Hi rocketeers!

I like to introduce my BLUE FLAME I Rocket.

8 litres volume with new, central parachute release and more extended, guard branch and pool of broadcasting corporations nozzle (80mm) should come highly, because slim and easy. In the flowing in range of the nozzle, above the divergentcone a guide plate is inserted that the vortex formation prevents with the compression. If the propellant with high speed is pressed into the cone, it can come to the vortex formation. In the center of this vortex can then air ascend and thus comes to the rash pressure balance, which is not desired, as long as h2o is in the tank. This effect is good to observe, if water from the bath tub runs out. It is of good cheer that this modification becomes apparent in the ceiling also in the lift-off speed and.

Heigth 2200 mm
Weigth 800 grams
Nozzle 9mm Gardena Standard
Pressure 8bar
600mm cross-parachute
Assembling: Batkiter-Couplings

Regards Batkiter
Attachments
raketen_203.jpg
raketen_204.jpg
raketen_209.jpg
raketen_205.jpg
raketen_206.jpg
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Blue Flame I

Post by Tim Chen »

Interesting. I don't think anyone has discussed vortex formation in water rockets. It stands to reason that a vortex forming in the nozzle will allow the air to escape and water to remain in the rocket. a baffle should prevent this effect from happening. The only way to test this would probably be to build a test stand to measure the thrust like the one Antigravity Research built.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
da-water

Post by da-water »

good!!
how did you glue the fins??
burst test??

p.s.: do you think there is a limit in a rocket's proportion??
i knew it has to be high 20 diameters(20:1)... for example: if we have a bottle of 9cm diameter, the rocket should be high 180cm..

U.S. Water Rockets build rockets that are 50:1
do you know something abuot this??
D.D. ROCKETS

if you don't uderstand what I wrote, tell me it and i'll write better the same thing !!! :D
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

da-water wrote:good!!
how did you glue the fins??
burst test??

p.s.: do you think there is a limit in a rocket's proportion??
i knew it has to be high 20 diameters(20:1)... for example: if we have a bottle of 9cm diameter, the rocket should be high 180cm..

U.S. Water Rockets build rockets that are 50:1
do you know something abuot this??
I think that there is an optimum length / diameter ratio for all rockets. I think FTC rockets are inefficient in some way because the parasitic drag on the length is much greater compared to the limited volume inside. I wonder if this could be compensated for somewhat by varying the air/water ratio inside the rocket more or less than 1/3? FTC doesn't look proportional to me either.

There must be some research someplace saying the best ratio of length to diameter. NASA and the soviets would have done this work already.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
da-water

Post by da-water »

Tim Chen wrote: by varying the air/water ratio inside the rocket more or less than 1/3?
i fill the rocket about 38/40% with water, even because in my garden system the water comes down in the pipe as soon as i stop adding pressure with my pump..so the rocket loses a little bit of water so i fill it a little more of necessary...
Tim Chen wrote:
There must be some research someplace saying the best ratio of length to diameter. NASA and the soviets would have done this work already.
if you think about rockets like ariane 4 (european rocket), you see they are very long and slim, but if you think abuot ariane 5 or the main booster of the shuttle, you see they are not so slim... they are like two spliced bottles (in size)
D.D. ROCKETS

if you don't uderstand what I wrote, tell me it and i'll write better the same thing !!! :D
Aquafire
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aquafire »

da-water wrote:
Tim Chen wrote: by varying the air/water ratio inside the rocket more or less than 1/3?
i fill the rocket about 38/40% with water, even because in my garden system the water comes down in the pipe as soon as i stop adding pressure with my pump..so the rocket loses a little bit of water so i fill it a little more of necessary...
Tim Chen wrote:
if you think about rockets like ariane 4 (european rocket), you see they are very long and slim, but if you think abuot ariane 5 or the main booster of the shuttle, you see they are not so slim... they are like two spliced bottles (in size)
What is the ratio of different real rockets and missiles? They must not be more than 20:1 or less. If you get too thin then you get to a spot where the structure of the rocket takes up so much of the diameter that you have no room left for propellants.
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Aquafire wrote:
da-water wrote:
Tim Chen wrote:
What is the ratio of different real rockets and missiles? They must not be more than 20:1 or less. If you get too thin then you get to a spot where the structure of the rocket takes up so much of the diameter that you have no room left for propellants.
But an arrow or a spear is very long and thin, so there must be an advantage to this shape because this is the shape of the first weapons ever invented and the concepts first developed by man tend to be very efficient because they were based on trial and error and refined over centuries if not many millennia.

Sorry to derail the topic. This is an interesting topic!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
da-water

Post by da-water »

Aquafire wrote: They must not be more than 20:1 or less.
yes i know this, but it means that i can't build a rocket over 6 litres because my bottles(1,5l) are 9cm diameter and about 35cm lenght so in 180cm (9cm diameter * 20) i can put only 4 bottles (35cm *4 = 140 cm... plus the payload and the nosecone we arrive at about 180cm)..
D.D. ROCKETS

Batkiter

Post by Batkiter »

Batkiter wrote:Hi rocketeers!

I like to introduce my BLUE FLAME I Rocket.

8 litres volume with new, central parachute release and more extended, guard branch and pool of broadcasting corporations nozzle (80mm) should come highly, because slim and easy. In the flowing in range of the nozzle, above the divergentcone a guide plate is inserted that the vortex formation prevents with the compression. If the propellant with high speed is pressed into the cone, it can come to the vortex formation. In the center of this vortex can then air ascend and thus comes to the rash pressure balance, which is not desired, as long as h2o is in the tank. This effect is good to observe, if water from the bath tub runs out. It is of good cheer that this modification becomes apparent in the ceiling also in the lift-off speed and.

Heigth 2200 mm
Weigth 800 grams
Nozzle 9mm Gardena Standard
Pressure 8bar
600mm cross-parachute
Assembling: Batkiter-Couplings

Regards Batkiter
Attachments
Blue Flame I after 1 sec. lift off.
Blue Flame I after 1 sec. lift off.
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Mark Chen »

I'm jealous of the color of your rocket! My favorite color is blue and the only blue bottles I can find are drinking water bottles which are thin walled and do not hold any pressure at all.
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise