Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

Experiences with Polyurethane

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Alien Space Agency
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Experiences with Polyurethane

Post by Alien Space Agency » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:56 pm

Elmer's™ Glue-All MAX to be exact.

It was available once in my local Ace Hardware and I grabbed the opportunity to buy it.

I used it on my Adrenaline Rush and it worked wonders. Intermediate foaming, very strong hold.

That's the only rocket I have ever used PU with. Its leagues lighter than the usual epoxy.

Unfortunately I overlooked the storage instructions, used it on wet bottles (water came in the container) so it solidified and burst into a lightweight foamy mess.

I hope to buy that item again.
Price: ₱150 ($3)

Nothing can stop a curious mind from inventing- Anonymous

anachronist
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Experiences with Polyurethane

Post by anachronist » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:43 am

You have Ace Hardware in the Philippines?
I've been having good experiences so far with PL adhesive, although it's messy and sticky, but once it cures it adheres well. A little goes a long way, no need to goop it on. How does Elmer's stick to PET?

Alien Space Agency
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Experiences with Polyurethane

Post by Alien Space Agency » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:03 am

Well, I really can't compare because that WAS the only available PU adhesive. But yeah it foams quite a lot, but that's good so it seals better.

Nothing can stop a curious mind from inventing- Anonymous