First Launch Report: April 19, 2007

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

First Launch Report: April 19, 2007

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hey guys!

I have had the worse luck so far. I was away on business until yesterday and my boss gave me the rest of the week off and it was so nice out that I decided to have a go at launching.

I went out to the fields near our schools and started to unload my stuff. The grass looked wet because it rained the whole week and when I walked to the center of the field I stepped in a sink-hole and went into mud up to my knee. I tried to get out and wound up pulling my sneaker off and losing it in the mud. I went to drive home and change my clothes and the car got stuck when I was turning around! I had to call a tow truck!

I had hoped to have made a lot more progress by this time. I'm falling behind. Now I haev to wait for the field to dry!!!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: First Launch Report: April 19, 2007

Post by Tim Chen »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Hey guys!

I have had the worse luck so far. I was away on business until yesterday and my boss gave me the rest of the week off and it was so nice out that I decided to have a go at launching.

I went out to the fields near our schools and started to unload my stuff. The grass looked wet because it rained the whole week and when I walked to the center of the field I stepped in a sink-hole and went into mud up to my knee. I tried to get out and wound up pulling my sneaker off and losing it in the mud. I went to drive home and change my clothes and the car got stuck when I was turning around! I had to call a tow truck!

I had hoped to have made a lot more progress by this time. I'm falling behind. Now I haev to wait for the field to dry!!!

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble!

Maybe not. (j/k) :P
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise