AntiGravityFirst Launches

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Billkuhl53

AntiGravityFirst Launches

Post by Billkuhl53 »

I tried my single stage AntiGravityResearch rocket this evening for the first time. The blast off is sure different then a full nozzle. It seems like the rocket sits for close to a minute after you stop pumping and then it takes off rather slowly. Really strange to see at first, the rocket does pick up speed after the first 20 feet or so. The altitude was not that great, but maybe I do not have the correct amount of water in the rocket yet.

Putting the fins on before every launch was not as bad as I thought. One time the fins came off after launch, maybe they were not positioned correctly. Most landings, the fins come off but there is no damage, even hit pavement a couple of times.

Bill
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: AntiGravityFirst Launches

Post by Mark Chen »

Billkuhl53 wrote:I tried my single stage AntiGravityResearch rocket this evening for the first time. The blast off is sure different then a full nozzle. It seems like the rocket sits for close to a minute after you stop pumping and then it takes off rather slowly. Really strange to see at first, the rocket does pick up speed after the first 20 feet or so. The altitude was not that great, but maybe I do not have the correct amount of water in the rocket yet.
This is normal for rockets with small nozzles. AntiGravityResearch recommends you put soap inside the rocket to make foam. Just look out because some places you can't put soap into the environment because it pollutes the water. You need to check that you're launching in a place that doesn't require draining all soap into a sewer or septic tank.
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise
bl4ck_4nt159

Post by bl4ck_4nt159 »

Who's know how to make anti gravity launcher? and may we make itself??

Sory my english isn't good.
RebelRockets
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RebelRockets »

Hi bl4ck_4nt159, Welcome to the forum!

The AntiGravity launcher is a special launcher made only by a certain company. They use different parts than most people who build their own launchers. It would be difficult to make on your own unless you could make parts like that. Here is their company web site:
http://www.antigravityresearch.com/

Look in the Compressors and Launchers section of the forum for examples of launchers that can be made from the materials that you may have available. They have been made in a wide variety of styles and use a lot of different parts.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

bl4ck_4nt159 wrote:Who's know how to make anti gravity launcher? and may we make itself??

Sory my english isn't good.
It looks from the pictures on their site that they use a flexible rubber hose with a small bleeder hole in the end to retain their rocket. The air pressure in the hose causes it to swell up inside the rocket and prevents it from sliding off the hose end. If you stop pumping then the air bleeds out into the rocket and the pressure equalizes and the tube shrinks down enough to slide out and launch.

It looks like something that you could build if you wanted to.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison