It pays to be nice!

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

It pays to be nice!

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I scored a jackpot this morning you guys!

I was on my way to work and ran across a guy broken down on the highway. He looked familiar to me and then I realized he works in the same building with me. So I pulled over to help. It turns out that he just ran out of gas, so I gave him a ride to the gas station to get some gas and when we put it in my trunk he noticed my rocket junk and commented on it. It turns out that he used to fly a lot of pyro rockets and offered to help me with my designs. Not only that, but he mentioned he had a big box of Balsa wood that he was using for fins and nosecones that he would give me for helping him out. We're going to have lunch tomorrow!

It pays off to be a good samaritan!

:!:
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

Dang man. Nice hook up.
-Team Parental Advisory

Shameless commercial plug...... http://teamparentaladvisory.googlepages.com
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Thanks, Dragracer!

I got my big box of building supplies today. I'm going to have fun with this stuff. Along with the balsa I got a bunch of tiny basswood dowels and some little flat stock. It looks like this will be good for making frames or pushrods and things like that.

Now I've got a new helper locally, and he has a great workshop with a lot of cool tools. He has a really professional looking fin jig I will be making use of too.
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Thanks, Dragracer!

I got my big box of building supplies today. I'm going to have fun with this stuff. Along with the balsa I got a bunch of tiny basswood dowels and some little flat stock. It looks like this will be good for making frames or pushrods and things like that.

Now I've got a new helper locally, and he has a great workshop with a lot of cool tools. He has a really professional looking fin jig I will be making use of too.
Good deal! It's funny how serendipity has a way of happening!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise