New Video - Water Rockets

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Billkuhl53

New Video - Water Rockets

Post by Billkuhl53 »

I just posted a new water rocket video on YouTube today:

[youtube][/youtube]

Let's see if the link works.

Bill Kuhl
http://www.scienceguy.org
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: New Video - Water Rockets

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Nice video! I like the narration and how you progress through each interation of your rockets. I like the look of that pitsco rocket, but the reliability of the deploy needs a lot of work!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Billkuhl53

Post by Billkuhl53 »

Well Thanks Spaceman Spiff, I really try to get across what a learning experience water rockets can be. I had posted the Power Point version of An Introduction to Water Rockets to SlideWorld.com and it was selected as presentation of the week. This indicates to me that there must be a lot of interest in water rockets because I had uploaded presentations on other subjects too.

Bill Kuhl
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Billkuhl53 wrote:Well Thanks Spaceman Spiff, I really try to get across what a learning experience water rockets can be. I had posted the Power Point version of An Introduction to Water Rockets to SlideWorld.com and it was selected as presentation of the week. This indicates to me that there must be a lot of interest in water rockets because I had uploaded presentations on other subjects too.

Bill Kuhl
Thanks for your efforts in spreading the word about water rockets and science in general. I really admire people like you who spend so much time educating others and getting people interested in science! I don't think I ever would have been this involved with water rockets had it not been for other people taking the time to create websites with their experiences and places like this forum where all the people can get together and share ideas!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Billkuhl53

Post by Billkuhl53 »

Well Thanks Tim, comments like that makes me want to continue with these projects. I sure have much to learn and consider myself a beginner.

Bill Kuhl
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Billkuhl53 wrote:Well Thanks Tim, comments like that makes me want to continue with these projects. I sure have much to learn and consider myself a beginner.

Bill Kuhl
You're welcome! I appreciate the work you put into the videos and I just wanted to say something because a lot of time people just take in these videos and never take the time to say thanks!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Billkuhl53

Post by Billkuhl53 »

For some crazy reason (crazy good), my latest water rocket video seems to have gone viral with teenage boys. The views jumped from under 100 to over 300 over night. 56% of the views were viral, the only group showing was males 13-17.

Bill Kuhl
The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

Billkuhl53 wrote:For some crazy reason (crazy good), my latest water rocket video seems to have gone viral with teenage boys. The views jumped from under 100 to over 300 over night. 56% of the views were viral, the only group showing was males 13-17.

Bill Kuhl
Congratulations! You deserve the attention for your hard work.

If it's not too much trouble, I think it would be great if you put a link in the video or on your channel to the forum so we can bring in a new generation of fans here, and we can have an exchange of ideas and learn from each other.

The more people the better off we are!
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
Billkuhl53

Post by Billkuhl53 »

Good idea, I will see what I can do about linking to the forum.

Bill
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Billkuhl53 wrote:I just posted a new water rocket video on YouTube today:

[youtube][/youtube]

Let's see if the link works.

Bill Kuhl
Thank you for posting the video.

It's good to know that we're not the only ones with a backlog of videos to complete. You seem to have the same idea we had: recording all your tests and experiments in the warm weather and then editing videos during the winter. Thanks for reminding us we have to finish those off. We have a lot of really cool stuff to share.

Do you have any more flight testing videos in the pipeline?
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Billkuhl53

Post by Billkuhl53 »

I have two timer rockets that have not been launched and I have a 2 stage AntiGRavityResearch rocket to test. Also I have the cheaper Pitsco launcher to test.

For some crazy reason or no good reason, the YouTube counter froze on my new video at 334 which is a problem many people have on YouTube.

Bill