Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

What is the best current hard science fiction tv show?

Discuss non-rocket topics, TV, Movies or even general science here.
Braaainz
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

What is the best current hard science fiction tv show?

Post by Braaainz » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:27 pm

I'd vote for Mr Robot or The Expanse... Black Mirror is phenomenal, but I think I'm more drawn to the other two.

Star Trek Discovery? Why would anyone name it with the initials, STD? I like Trek, but the heavy treknobabble grates on me.

What are your thoughts?

anachronist
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: What is the best current hard science fiction tv show?

Post by anachronist » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:53 pm

Hm, I'm not really into current shows. After "Firefly" got cancelled, I more or less stopped watching TV. Prior to that, my vote for all-time-best would have been Babylon 5.

Braaainz
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Braaainz » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:07 pm

anachronist wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:53 pm
Hm, I'm not really into current shows. After "Firefly" got cancelled, I more or less stopped watching TV. Prior to that, my vote for all-time-best would have been Babylon 5.
You might like the podcast, "Braving Babylon 5"... it's a podcast where a young British guy is watching Babylon 5 for the first time and does episode by episode reviews. Good way to revisit the show

Terranoid Labs
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Terranoid Labs » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:43 am

I just finished the first season and a half of the Expanse and I'd put it up there with some of the best sci-fi ever made. The way they handle space flight is excellent. I wish Discovery was on something that didn't require a subscription. I love Trek, but the premiere wasn't enough to get me to sign up. I was so-so on The Orville's first season, but it had enough of what I would consider the "heart of Star Trek" to keep me interested going forward.