Babylon 5: The Lost Tales

Discuss non-rocket topics, TV, Movies or even general science here.
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Babylon 5: The Lost Tales

Post by Tim Chen »

I know a lot of you guys are into Science Fiction like I am so I wanted to warn you that I rented this "movie" and watched it and it's really pretty awful. They only had 3 of the original characters: President Sheridan, Lochley, and the Techno-Mage guy with the shaved head. None of the characters I liked made any appearances. No Garibaldi, no Londo, and no G'Kar (but the actor passed away, so that's excusable). The horrid part about the whole thing is that they kept throwing out excuses for people that were not there instead of just not saying anything like any other show that some characters don't appear in. They would go out of their way to say "Will D'Len be at the meeting?" and then someone would say crap like "Oh no. She's at a special council session and cannot make it." crap like that. They even went so far as to point out budget saving crap nobody would notice. At one point they were taking a couple of Star Furys out for a public exhibition and the President said "We don't have any EVA suits that fit, so we will just fly in our civillian clothes." It made it obvious that didn't have the budget for the costumes! Also, a lot of the scenes seemed to be shot on a green screen set and then the sets were put in later with computer graphics and it didn't work well for me. It looked hokey. The story lines were not too bad, so I'd rate it better on that basis, but considering this is the only B5 we've gotten in the better part of a decade I would have hoped for something better than an average TV episode. I was hoping for something more cinematic and spectacular. I was really let down.

I give it 2.5 out of 5 stars.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Mark Chen »

You're being generous... I give it 2 out of 5 stars. It had a really "low budget" look to it that wasn't even on par with the TV series. It was a big let-down. I'm looking forward to seeing "I am Legend" now. THAT looks AWESOME!
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Mark Chen wrote:You're being generous... I give it 2 out of 5 stars. It had a really "low budget" look to it that wasn't even on par with the TV series. It was a big let-down. I'm looking forward to seeing "I am Legend" now. THAT looks AWESOME!
Thanks for the warning. I was thinking of renting it. I think I'll wait for it to come on cable!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

Mark Chen wrote:You're being generous... I give it 2 out of 5 stars. It had a really "low budget" look to it that wasn't even on par with the TV series. It was a big let-down. I'm looking forward to seeing "I am Legend" now. THAT looks AWESOME!
Will Smith did a great job and the story was great up until the last 20 minutes and then it becomes a slightly cliche' "zombie" flick. Enjoyable nonetheless!
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

The Mooseheads wrote:
Will Smith did a great job and the story was great up until the last 20 minutes and then it becomes a slightly cliche' "zombie" flick. Enjoyable nonetheless!
I didn't get to go see it this weekend like I wanted because of the bad weather.

Weather sucks. We need to invent a way to control it so I can launch whenever I want and go out any time I want in my shorts! 8)
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"