New Ideas, New Direction

Discuss non-rocket topics, TV, Movies or even general science here.
HawaiiRockets
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

New Ideas, New Direction

Post by HawaiiRockets »

Rockets are cool but straight up, straight down. I get the feeling we can do a lot better.

Once at altitude you have potential energy that you can do something else with other than to fill a chute. You can bring a pay load of some type. Your payload can do something cool, on and on..

My mind is abuz with ideas but can't take advantage until I get the basics down, my rail launcher, my base rocket... Was hoping to have that part done today but too much going on....
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: New Ideas, New Direction

Post by bugwubber »

HawaiiRockets wrote:Rockets are cool but straight up, straight down. I get the feeling we can do a lot better.

Once at altitude you have potential energy that you can do something else with other than to fill a chute. You can bring a pay load of some type. Your payload can do something cool, on and on..

My mind is abuz with ideas but can't take advantage until I get the basics down, my rail launcher, my base rocket... Was hoping to have that part done today but too much going on....
Straight? How are you getting yours to go straight? ;-)

I bet that rail of yours would make a good platform to launch a rocket powered glider from. NASA made a shapeshifting (ok it really just rotates) wing model that would make for an interesting model.

For me, it is now time to turn my attention to the Great Pumpkin Drag Race.

Bugwubber
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.