Christmas Gifts!

Discuss non-rocket topics, TV, Movies or even general science here.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Christmas Gifts!

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

If your getting celebrating Christmas this year, what you want for a gift? I am asking for an air compressor or/and an altimeter or/and a ProChrono. Tell me what your asking for. BO:
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
Reptiglorandrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Christmas Gifts!

Post by Reptiglorandrockets »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:If your getting celebrating Christmas this year, what you want for a gift? I am asking for an air compressor or/and an altimeter or/and a ProChrono. Tell me what your asking for. BO:
I'm asking 'Santa' for a few cases of Clear American 1Liter bottles, and a few boxes of .22LR Bullets. It doesn't take much to keep me happy. Merry Christmas!
Blog:http://rrockets.blogspot.com/?m=1

Email: reptiglorandrockets@gmail.com

Visit Reptiglorandrockets on YouTube!

Facebook: Randy Truman Jr.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Reptiglorandrockets wrote:
Water Rocket Expert wrote:If your getting celebrating Christmas this year, what you want for a gift? I am asking for an air compressor or/and an altimeter or/and a ProChrono. Tell me what your asking for. BO:
I'm asking 'Santa' for a few cases of Clear American 1Liter bottles, and a few boxes of .22LR Bullets. It doesn't take much to keep me happy. Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you too! What do you mean by a few cases of plastic soda bottles. How many are in a case? And I thought you used two liter bottles for rockets. XT1 :2011D:

Happy new year! 2014!
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
Reptiglorandrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Reptiglorandrockets »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:
Reptiglorandrockets wrote:
Merry Christmas to you too! What do you mean by a few cases of plastic soda bottles. How many are in a case? And I thought you used two liter bottles for rockets. XT1 :2011Dy:

Happy new year! 2014!
The Clear American 1L bottles come in a case of 12. They burst at around ~160PSI and are available at Wal-mart. I haven't used 2-Liter bottles for a few years now.

-Randy
Blog:http://rrockets.blogspot.com/?m=1

Email: reptiglorandrockets@gmail.com

Visit Reptiglorandrockets on YouTube!

Facebook: Randy Truman Jr.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

The Clear American 1L bottles come in a case of 12. They burst at around ~160PSI and are available at Wal-mart. I haven't used 2-Liter bottles for a few years now.

-Randy[/quote]

Oh I see you must go to one of those Super Wal-Mart. They don't sell those her but they do sell them individually for like 0.59$ at giant and like .79$. I like them better for reasons such as less drag, thinner rockets, ability to make short rockets that aren't fat, and like the higher burst pressures.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:The Clear American 1L bottles come in a case of 12. They burst at around ~160PSI and are available at Wal-mart. I haven't used 2-Liter bottles for a few years now.

-Randy
Oh I see you must go to one of those Super Wal-Mart. They don't sell those her but they do sell them individually for like 0.59$ at giant and like .79$. I like them better for reasons such as less drag, thinner rockets, ability to make short rockets that aren't fat, and like the higher burst pressures.[/quote]

The hard part is finding bottles with long straight sides, so you can make the rocket with less segments. It's good to find ones with stubby necks and not long tapered necks, because the tapered part is not useful.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison