Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

Student builds fusion reactor at scool

Discuss non-rocket topics, TV, Movies or even general science here.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Student builds fusion reactor at scool

Post by bugwubber » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:07 pm

Wonder if this will catch on as a hobby...

http://m.lep.co.uk/news/education/penwo ... -1-6478560

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Student builds fusion reactor at scool

Post by Water Rocket Expert » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:12 am

Wow. I am really impressed that 13 year old could do this. Becoming a hobby?. A little expensive, but still amazing. I couldn't see anything happening in the video though. That kid will probably grow up to do great things. Just imagine what he'll be doing on his 30th birthday if he is already doing this now!

S.P.W.R. WO:

Water Rocket Expert
I'm 18
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Student builds fusion reactor at scool

Post by bugwubber » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:22 pm

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Wow. I am really impressed that 13 year old could do this. Becoming a hobby?. A little expensive, but still amazing. I couldn't see anything happening in the video though. That kid will probably grow up to do great things. Just imagine what he'll be doing on his 30th birthday if he is already doing this now!

S.P.W.R. WO:
Just really amused at myself that I misspelled school. Android has to have the worst spell check app of...anything. I especially enjoy it when it autocorrects properly spelled words to gibberish.

He got this idea off the Internet so yeah, he's not the only one, his claim to fame is being the youngest.

Hmm, what other hobby could cost $5,000?

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.