Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

What's had me so busy lately...

Discuss non-rocket topics, TV, Movies or even general science here.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

What's had me so busy lately...

Post by bugwubber » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:42 am

This stuff.
20150616_082812.jpg
Baader Astrosolar film.

You do things with it like this
14344618390461191218960.jpg
And this
1434461884174-1511765656.jpg
And then go stare at the Sun.

It is highly addictive stuff!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

anoymous

Re: What's had me so busy lately...

Post by anoymous » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:10 pm

Cool! Where can you buy the foil? Can you use it with every kind of telescope or only with a mirror telescope? WH:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:21 pm

anoymous wrote:Cool! Where can you buy the foil? Can you use it with every kind of telescope or only with a mirror telescope? WH:
Amazon, telescope shops etc. have full A4 sheets for around $40. I found a small site that sells small pieces mounted in cardstock so you don't have to buy a full sheet. Called dracoproductions.net.

Works better than glass filters on any scope, binocs or just handheld unmagnified. Just make sure you get the visual astrosolar film, not the photographic version which lets more light through for cameras.

Just a note, I've been told it is starting to get in short supply since the 2017 eclipse in the US is coming soon.

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:21 pm

anoymous wrote:Cool! Where can you buy the foil? Can you use it with every kind of telescope or only with a mirror telescope? WH:
Amazon, telescope shops etc. have full A4 sheets for around $40. I found a small site that sells small pieces mounted in cardstock so you don't have to buy a full sheet. Called dracoproductions.net.

Works better than glass filters on any scope, binocs or just handheld unmagnified. Just make sure you get the visual astrosolar film, not the photographic version which lets more light through for cameras.

Just a note, I've been told it is starting to get in short supply since the 2017 eclipse in the US is coming soon.

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

anoymous

Post by anoymous » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:46 am

thanks for the information! TH:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:50 pm

anoymous wrote:thanks for the information! TH:
You're welcome! Just a warning though, exposing this stuff to air causes clouds to form... ;-)

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.