Forum Email notification

Discuss non-rocket topics, TV, Movies or even general science here.
Batkiter

Forum Email notification

Post by Batkiter »

Hallo Lisa!

I get for a long time no answers and notifications on my contributions and publications. The personal parameters are correctly adjusted all. Pop up blocker are not activated. Can you examine where the cause for this blockade is?

Thanks for your support!

Regards Batkiter
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No message

Post by WRA2 »

Batkiter wrote:Hallo Lisa!

I get for a long time no answers and notifications on my contributions and publications. The personal parameters are correctly adjusted all. Pop up blocker are not activated. Can you examine where the cause for this blockade is?

Thanks for your support!

Regards Batkiter
I think I fixed the problem. Let me know if you are still having troubles.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Batkiter

Post by Batkiter »

Thanks for your support!

Regards Batkiter

Hello Lisa!

I have the same problem since one week! Please check this fault and let me know, what is going on.

Regards Batkiter
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Batkiter wrote:

Thanks for your support!

Regards Batkiter

Hello Lisa!

I have the same problem since one week! Please check this fault and let me know, what is going on.

Regards Batkiter
Hello Batkiter,

Are you still experiencing problems with the email notifications from the forum?
If you are still having problems can you be more specific as to a date that it started. We have recently upgraded the forum software.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

:WRA2:
Lisa Walker,
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

WRA2 wrote:
Batkiter wrote:

Thanks for your support!

Regards Batkiter

Hello Lisa!

Regards Batkiter
Hello Batkiter,

Are you still experiencing problems with the email notifications from the forum?
If you are still having problems can you be more specific as to a date that it started. We have recently upgraded the forum software.

:WRA2:
I has troubles when I first signed up but it turned out to be my own fault. I had my email filter set up to block everyone but those on my approved sender's list and I never added the forum to the list, so everything was getting ignored. Once I fixed that then everything worked. I love the feature because I can mark a topic to inform me when someone replies and that way I can respond right away.
Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia
Batkiter

Post by Batkiter »

WRA2 wrote:
Batkiter wrote:

Thanks for your support!

Regards Batkiter

Hello Lisa!

Regards Batkiter
Hello Batkiter,

Hallo Lisa!

I examined all filters and did not block WRA2 message. Unfortunately no change. Personal messages reached me however. But no notifications from the forum, of all topics in which I are active. I ask for examination.

Regards Batkiter
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Batkiter wrote:
Hallo Lisa!

I examined all filters and did not block WRA2 message. Unfortunately no change. Personal messages reached me however. But no notifications from the forum, of all topics in which I are active. I ask for examination.

Regards Batkiter

The fact that you are receiving notifications for PM's means that the email function of the forum is functional and the problem is in your subscriptions.

Have you checked your "User control panel" and verify that you are still subscribed to the topics?

http://www.wra2.org/forum/ucp.php?i=mai ... subscribed

Can you try marking this topic (post a reply when you have done so and I will post a reply and see if you get a notification).

According to the settings you should be getting these notifications. We upgraded to a new version of the software recently so if this is still not working and others have the same problem I will have to examine the code.
Lisa Walker,
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

WRA2 wrote:
Batkiter wrote:
Hallo Lisa!

Regards Batkiter

The fact that you are receiving notifications for PM's means that the email function of the forum is functional and the problem is in your subscriptions.

Have you checked your "User control panel" and verify that you are still subscribed to the topics?

http://www.wra2.org/forum/ucp.php?i=mai ... subscribed

Can you try marking this topic (post a reply when you have done so and I will post a reply and see if you get a notification).

According to the settings you should be getting these notifications. We upgraded to a new version of the software recently so if this is still not working and others have the same problem I will have to examine the code.

I forgot about this feature for the longest time. I think it would come in really handy because sometimes I log in and don't have time to check all the new messages and I log out and the new messages are reset and I misss some of the new ones. Once in a while I go back and check to make sure I didn't miss a reply to something I wrote myself. If I turn on a notice when I write a question I can always tell that the topic had an answer! That should be quite useful!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"