Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

Forum Email notification

Discuss non-rocket topics, TV, Movies or even general science here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Batkiter
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:07 am

Forum Email notification

Post by Batkiter » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:29 am

Hallo Lisa!

I get for a long time no answers and notifications on my contributions and publications. The personal parameters are correctly adjusted all. Pop up blocker are not activated. Can you examine where the cause for this blockade is?

Thanks for your support!

Regards Batkiter



User avatar
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:30 pm

Re: No message

Post by WRA2 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:44 pm

Batkiter wrote:Hallo Lisa!

I get for a long time no answers and notifications on my contributions and publications. The personal parameters are correctly adjusted all. Pop up blocker are not activated. Can you examine where the cause for this blockade is?

Thanks for your support!

Regards Batkiter
I think I fixed the problem. Let me know if you are still having troubles.


Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:

User avatar
Batkiter
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:07 am

Re: No message

Post by Batkiter » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:06 am

Batkiter wrote:Hallo Lisa!

I get for a long time no answers and notifications on my contributions and publications. The personal parameters are correctly adjusted all. Pop up blocker are not activated. Can you examine where the cause for this blockade is?

Thanks for your support!

Regards Batkiter

Hello Lisa!

I have the same problem since one week! Please check this fault and let me know, what is going on.

Regards Batkiter



User avatar
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:30 pm

Re: No message

Post by WRA2 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:04 pm

Batkiter wrote:
Batkiter wrote:Hallo Lisa!

I get for a long time no answers and notifications on my contributions and publications. The personal parameters are correctly adjusted all. Pop up blocker are not activated. Can you examine where the cause for this blockade is?

Thanks for your support!

Regards Batkiter

Hello Lisa!

I have the same problem since one week! Please check this fault and let me know, what is going on.

Regards Batkiter
Hello Batkiter,

Are you still experiencing problems with the email notifications from the forum?
If you are still having problems can you be more specific as to a date that it started. We have recently upgraded the forum software.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

:WRA2:


Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:

User avatar
Andromeda
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: No message

Post by Andromeda » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:30 pm

WRA2 wrote:
Batkiter wrote:
Batkiter wrote:Hallo Lisa!

I get for a long time no answers and notifications on my contributions and publications. The personal parameters are correctly adjusted all. Pop up blocker are not activated. Can you examine where the cause for this blockade is?

Thanks for your support!

Regards Batkiter

Hello Lisa!

I have the same problem since one week! Please check this fault and let me know, what is going on.

Regards Batkiter
Hello Batkiter,

Are you still experiencing problems with the email notifications from the forum?
If you are still having problems can you be more specific as to a date that it started. We have recently upgraded the forum software.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

:WRA2:
I has troubles when I first signed up but it turned out to be my own fault. I had my email filter set up to block everyone but those on my approved sender's list and I never added the forum to the list, so everything was getting ignored. Once I fixed that then everything worked. I love the feature because I can mark a topic to inform me when someone replies and that way I can respond right away.


Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia

User avatar
Batkiter
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:07 am

Re: No message

Post by Batkiter » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:13 am

WRA2 wrote:
Batkiter wrote:
Batkiter wrote:Hallo Lisa!

I get for a long time no answers and notifications on my contributions and publications. The personal parameters are correctly adjusted all. Pop up blocker are not activated. Can you examine where the cause for this blockade is?

Thanks for your support!

Regards Batkiter

Hello Lisa!

I have the same problem since one week! Please check this fault and let me know, what is going on.

Regards Batkiter
Hello Batkiter,

Are you still experiencing problems with the email notifications from the forum?
If you are still having problems can you be more specific as to a date that it started. We have recently upgraded the forum software.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?


Hallo Lisa!

I examined all filters and did not block WRA2 message. Unfortunately no change. Personal messages reached me however. But no notifications from the forum, of all topics in which I are active. I ask for examination.

Regards Batkiter



User avatar
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:30 pm

Re: No message

Post by WRA2 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Batkiter wrote:
Hallo Lisa!

I examined all filters and did not block WRA2 message. Unfortunately no change. Personal messages reached me however. But no notifications from the forum, of all topics in which I are active. I ask for examination.

Regards Batkiter

The fact that you are receiving notifications for PM's means that the email function of the forum is functional and the problem is in your subscriptions.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Have you checked your "User control panel" and verify that you are still subscribed to the topics?

http://www.wra2.org/forum/ucp.php?i=mai ... subscribed

Can you try marking this topic (post a reply when you have done so and I will post a reply and see if you get a notification).

According to the settings you should be getting these notifications. We upgraded to a new version of the software recently so if this is still not working and others have the same problem I will have to examine the code.


Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:

User avatar
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 681
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:06 am

Re: No message

Post by Spaceman Spiff » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:23 pm

WRA2 wrote:
Batkiter wrote:
Hallo Lisa!

I examined all filters and did not block WRA2 message. Unfortunately no change. Personal messages reached me however. But no notifications from the forum, of all topics in which I are active. I ask for examination.

Regards Batkiter

The fact that you are receiving notifications for PM's means that the email function of the forum is functional and the problem is in your subscriptions.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Have you checked your "User control panel" and verify that you are still subscribed to the topics?

http://www.wra2.org/forum/ucp.php?i=mai ... subscribed

Can you try marking this topic (post a reply when you have done so and I will post a reply and see if you get a notification).

According to the settings you should be getting these notifications. We upgraded to a new version of the software recently so if this is still not working and others have the same problem I will have to examine the code.

I forgot about this feature for the longest time. I think it would come in really handy because sometimes I log in and don't have time to check all the new messages and I log out and the new messages are reset and I misss some of the new ones. Once in a while I go back and check to make sure I didn't miss a reply to something I wrote myself. If I turn on a notice when I write a question I can always tell that the topic had an answer! That should be quite useful!


Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"

Post Reply