Post your personal or team best here.

Post your team or personal best. To be displayed on the WRA2 standings page(Altimeter Data and Videos are optional)
Tone
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Post your personal or team best here.

Post by Tone »

only one rocket i built got around 420m, no alt, pure ballistic rocket (note added mass to nose cone to simulate payload), est of altitude, time of flight was around 20secs, pure fun only, 2 flights during the day and one at night, we filled the water bottle with the liquid from about 15 glow sticks, and some in the nose cone, launch looked fantastic, just a green dot in the sky until it couldnt be seen, then listening for the crash to go and find it, if you get a chance try it! (wear PPE when handling glow stick liquid)
bottles arent the same, cost saving by manufacturers have made them thinner and cannot cope with my 200PSI home made compressor
MajorTom
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by MajorTom »

Some awesome records on here considering the build materials are soda bottles, water and compressed air. I'm just starting out with my rocket building career and using single and spliced bottles and I am trying to find out the current record for an unmodifyed 2 litre soda bottle.
I have tried a search and found personal and group best altitudes but can't find reference to unmodified 2 litre records.
I'm just after a bench mark to aim for.
I am probably just not typing in the right question but have tried single bottle altitude record on this forum and the net and can't seem to get what I want.

Thanks to all on this forum for your ideas and giving me a reason to spend more time in the shed.

MajorTom.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

MajorTom wrote:Some awesome records on here considering the build materials are soda bottles, water and compressed air. I'm just starting out with my rocket building career and using single and spliced bottles and I am trying to find out the current record for an unmodifyed 2 litre soda bottle.
I have tried a search and found personal and group best altitudes but can't find reference to unmodified 2 litre records.
I'm just after a bench mark to aim for.
I am probably just not typing in the right question but have tried single bottle altitude record on this forum and the net and can't seem to get what I want.

Thanks to all on this forum for your ideas and giving me a reason to spend more time in the shed.

MajorTom.

Far as I know, it's not set yet. I was just fooling around last year and hit 232ft so that at least gives you a low range.
I wasn't trying for the record at the time so didn't do all the extra measures necessary for submission. Sounds like one of my team members is finally ready for a go at it this year so that should give you some competition! Good luck!
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Currently there is no official record. Bugwubber looks like he's up to the challenge, and I have been considering for some time, so when summer comes, I may just go for it. The problem for me is deployment that is small. Maybe chemical? Just have to put that camera and altimeter in a soft case!
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
mahboob
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by mahboob »