Post your personal or team best here.

Post your team or personal best. To be displayed on the WRA2 standings page(Altimeter Data and Videos are optional)
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Post your personal or team best here.

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Daan.[D&P]Rockets* wrote:Team.[D&P] Rockets* best flight so far with an altimiter is 529` or 161 meters:

We are gonna get higher :)
Did you fly this high with your camera on the rocket or without? Either way this is very impressive. What size nozzle are you using, and how much volume is in the rocket? I don't remember any time in the past few years when so many people were getting water rockets to fly this high. I remember just a few years ago when 300 feet was considered amazingly high!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Oh my. Mark and I better get our act together and launch another personal best flight!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Cloud Dancers
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Cloud Dancers »

Daan.[D&P]Rockets* wrote:Team.[D&P] Rockets* best flight so far with an altimiter is 529` or 161 meters:

Nice job. How close to those trees did you land? Trees can be a very scary experience.
The Cloud Dancers
Floating amongst the clouds
The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

I'll make sure this flight gets added to the personal best listing on the main website! Great work!
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

[youtube][/youtube]

Congratulations Daan.[D&P]Rockets*,

You Team best has been published on the World records page on the WRA2 site. Keep up the good work we look forward to your next flight!
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*
Current WRA2 Flight Duration World Record Holder

Post by Daan.[D&P]Rockets* »

Thanks for the great responses!
The rocket had a volume of 8 litre. And a standard pop bottle nozzle of 22 mm.
The rocket is spliced to getter and this time we pressured the rocket up to 10 bar!
It has to be capable of 12 bar but before we do that the pomp hose has to be longer :) (safety first)
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*

about landing near the trees...

It landed just 150 meters from the trees so there was some space left :wink:

We had it before that a rocket landed in the trees. It was hanging there for 1 week :( ...
It was this rocket:

lucky we didn't put any electronics in that rocket.. although the rocket went really high! I am interesting how high that rocket went!
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Daan.[D&P]Rockets* wrote:Thanks for the great responses!
The rocket had a volume of 8 litre. And a standard pop bottle nozzle of 22 mm.
The rocket is spliced to getter and this time we pressured the rocket up to 10 bar!
It has to be capable of 12 bar but before we do that the pomp hose has to be longer :) (safety first)
Can I ask you what the diameter of the outside of the rocket is? The more skinny a bottle is the more pressure it can hold. I bet this is how you get so much pressure in your rockets.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*

The outher bottle diameter is 85mm i gues. Its the normal bottle size in the netherlands.
But the bottles we use are the old bottles from the netherlands. They are much thicker and stronger then the US bottles.
And the bottles we have nowadays suck. They are weak and cant wearstand high pressures.
I bought some old bottles so i have some spares :)
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Daan.[D&P]Rockets* wrote:The outher bottle diameter is 85mm i gues. Its the normal bottle size in the netherlands.
But the bottles we use are the old bottles from the netherlands. They are much thicker and stronger then the US bottles.
And the bottles we have nowadays suck. They are weak and cant wearstand high pressures.
I just imagine what it would be like if we had the same problem here. I would travel to every store around and buy the drinks with the good bottles before they went away. I imagine all the water rockets people in the Netherlands did the same thing because that's what we would do here!

I think the bottles you have now that you hate are the same as the ones we have had for many years.

I think that many years ago the bottles in the US had a "cup" glued on the bottom in place of the "claw". I remember seeing them many years ago. I don't know if anyone remembers those. I guess I am dating myself by saying that I remember them!

I wish I had some of those because they had no claw on the end. They were done shaped! And the "cup" was what they stood up on!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Aquafire
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aquafire »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Daan.[D&P]Rockets* wrote:The outher bottle diameter is 85mm i gues. Its the normal bottle size in the netherlands.
I just imagine what it would be like if we had the same problem here. I would travel to every store around and buy the drinks with the good bottles before they went away. I imagine all the water rockets people in the Netherlands did the same thing because that's what we would do here!

I think the bottles you have now that you hate are the same as the ones we have had for many years.

I think that many years ago the bottles in the US had a "cup" glued on the bottom in place of the "claw". I remember seeing them many years ago. I don't know if anyone remembers those. I guess I am dating myself by saying that I remember them!

I wish I had some of those because they had no claw on the end. They were done shaped! And the "cup" was what they stood up on!
I remember them too but I cannot locate a good photo of them in the whole internet!!

All I can find is this one:
Attachments
Old Bottles with Cup on Base!
Old Bottles with Cup on Base!
pepsi_old.jpg (5.4 KiB) Viewed 271 times
Aquafire
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aquafire »

[youtube][/youtube]

Nice video Daan! You sound very excited and releived when the parachutes deploy! I think I would react the same way!
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*

The exiting did come from both of us :)
We where releaved that the parachutes did come out.
Because we had some bad flights before and now we finaly did get a good flight! :WRA2:

Thnx
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Aquafire wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

I remember them too but I cannot locate a good photo of them in the whole internet!!

All I can find is this one:

Aqua fire:
We're trying to find an example of these old style bottles so we can do a comparison to the new ones we have today. There's been some discussion regarding the hemispherical bottom (under that "cup" foot) and how the shape would allow much higher pressures to be achieved.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
andicirk
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by andicirk »

i doubt this is the correct place to post this but if there is anyone in the south of france that wants to work as a team i would be really interested in that.. i'm in the vaucluse (84) and can be contacted through my profile , as a personal record at the moment im still well below the 100m mark , at the last mini festival i managed to get to 79 m but that was the last flight of my single bottle rocket as the parachute failed to open and it nose dived onto a concrete parking ........