Post your personal or team best here.

Post your team or personal best. To be displayed on the WRA2 standings page(Altimeter Data and Videos are optional)
Cloud Dancers
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Post your personal or team best here.

Post by Cloud Dancers »

andicirk wrote: i managed to get to 79 m but that was the last flight of my single bottle rocket as the parachute failed to open and it nose dived onto a concrete parking ........
OUCH! :(
The Cloud Dancers
Floating amongst the clouds
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

andicirk wrote:i doubt this is the correct place to post this but if there is anyone in the south of france that wants to work as a team i would be really interested in that.. i'm in the vaucluse (84) and can be contacted through my profile , as a personal record at the moment im still well below the 100m mark , at the last mini festival i managed to get to 79 m but that was the last flight of my single bottle rocket as the parachute failed to open and it nose dived onto a concrete parking ........
Do you know what caused the parachute to fail? We are getting ready to test the parachute system in our rocket and so we're interested in knowing what possible failures can happen from the experience of others.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Bonami
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bonami »

-(
Bonami
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bonami »

Bonami wrote:-(
Sorry. I mean to say I would like to get your experiences too. Possibly we can think together and get some new ideas?
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*
Current WRA2 Flight Duration World Record Holder
Current WRA2 Flight Duration World Record Holder

Post by Daan.[D&P]Rockets* »

13th of december we managed to get 1 meter higher then our last personal best.(with altimeter)

The rocket went 162,7 meters or 534 Feet.

Click on the movie and go to youtube to watch in High quality.
The movie is not high quality because i took it with my mobile phone.

[youtube][/youtube]
Alex

Post by Alex »

Theseus, which I launched early this morning wnet 684 feet (chance of error, that's what the simulator said)

So that's my bestt so far. 684 feet with Theseus
Water Rockets are amazing things, One second there sitting on the launch pad, the next, splattered all over your shirt.
Alex

Post by Alex »

er, please note that this altitude is what the simulator said. i don't have a altimiter. so umm....it might not be that high
Water Rockets are amazing things, One second there sitting on the launch pad, the next, splattered all over your shirt.
rockets-in-brighton

Post by rockets-in-brighton »

Alex wrote:Theseus, which I launched early this morning wnet 684 feet (chance of error, that's what the simulator said)

That's fantastic, Alex! Only 2 weeks from the first concept to a successful first time launch, and with a parachute too! What did you make the parachute out of in the end? You were a bit scornful of plastic bin-bags, but did that work after all? And was the parachute deployed with your non-timer mechanism? Can you give us some insight into how that works?

I don't suppose you could post a picture or two, could you? Even a poor quality camera-phone or web-cam pic would be great, give us an impression of the rocket design - it's very hard to visualise, a picture can really help.

Congratulations again, and I hope you can post some how-to data soon! Especially the parachute system, as I'm very interested in new designs.
Cheers
Steve
Rockets-in-Brighton
WEB: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rockets-in-brighton
Bonami
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bonami »

Daan.[D&P]Rockets* wrote:13th of december we managed to get 1 meter higher then our last personal best.(with altimeter)

The rocket went 162,7 meters or 534 Feet.

Click on the movie and go to youtube to watch in High quality.
The movie is not high quality because i took it with my mobile phone.

[youtube][/youtube]
That is nice flight for a single stage rocket. That altimeter plot is crazy. Did you find out why the data has the peaks in it? Very nice to see the flight. Congratulation!
Bonami
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bonami »

Alex wrote:er, please note that this altitude is what the simulator said. i don't have a altimiter. so umm....it might not be that high
Simulator usually is pretty good with a margin of error. Even if it is wrong by 20%, that is still good flight!
Alex

Post by Alex »

rockets-in-brighton wrote:
Alex wrote:Theseus, which I launched early this morning wnet 684 feet (chance of error, that's what the simulator said)

That's fantastic, Alex! Only 2 weeks from the first concept to a successful first time launch, and with a parachute too! What did you make the parachute out of in the end? You were a bit scornful of plastic bin-bags, but did that work after all? And was the parachute deployed with your non-timer mechanism? Can you give us some insight into how that works?

I don't suppose you could post a picture or two, could you? Even a poor quality camera-phone or web-cam pic would be great, give us an impression of the rocket design - it's very hard to visualise, a picture can really help.

Congratulations again, and I hope you can post some how-to data soon! Especially the parachute system, as I'm very interested in new designs.
1. Thanks
2. Umbrella Parachute
3. Yah it worked. I out a weight on the nose cone, at the bottom of the nose cone, there is a large pole that keeps the parachute down. below the parachute is a couple of strings, so after apogee, when it turns over, the weight pulls the nose cone out, the springs shoot out, and Parachute follows :)
4. It's pretty simple, Get some this but ling bottles, balsa wood and some rods. When you have spliced a few bottles together, you put a Body tube that you would use for Model rockets on top of the Bottles, It will hopefully Slide right on top if the bottles, giving it a professional look, get some balsa woof ins, put em on, buy a nose cone 2 sizes too small put it in Modify the Nose cone so it hasa wide bottom. but not too wide.......This realy maks the rocket aero dynamic. Here's a pic of the rocket
Attachments
Here it is. Nozzle isn't In yet in this pic
Here it is. Nozzle isn't In yet in this pic
big_daddy.jpg (40.42 KiB) Viewed 100 times
reno1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by reno1 »

Nice looking rocket! Is that Theseus or Big Daddy?
D. Reno, Team Leader.
Team Pump It!
rockets-in-brighton

reno1 wrote:Nice looking rocket! Is that Theseus or Big Daddy?
Estes Big Daddy.
Cheers
Steve
Rockets-in-Brighton
Alex

Post by Alex »

Theseus with Big Daddy look. Yes
rockets-in-brighton

Alex wrote:Theseus with Big Daddy look. Yes
Just in case there were any lingering doubts, from June 2004: the last one in the top row...

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showpost ... stcount=15
Cheers
Steve
Rockets-in-Brighton