1 stage to 944'

Post your team or personal best. To be displayed on the WRA2 standings page(Altimeter Data and Videos are optional)
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: 1 stage to 944'

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Reptiglorandrockets wrote:
Water Rocket Expert wrote:WRA2 Administrator, I am new to the forum but am not new to water rocketry. I have been at this for several years now. I posted a personal best as designed by my friend kevin and I. I did paste the thrust imformation from a simulator because I thought they were reliable. This might be wrong.

Repliglorandrockets. As I said, the altimeter may be wrong. As stated the rocket hit the ground at highspeed. Also I have check this altimeter with a estes altimeter and they read differently by about 80' when the GPS said we were at about 500' above start point. The second stage valve did not let air to the second stage so it failed but did release.
Can you answer my question? How are you preventing the FTC booster from bending at launch? Some kind of reinforcement?

-Randy
I was not having much bending trouble with bending but I found that using wooden dowels helped reinforce the FTC.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein