944' Slimstik F-6 Falsehood

Post your team or personal best. To be displayed on the WRA2 standings page(Altimeter Data and Videos are optional)
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

944' Slimstik F-6 Falsehood

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

I am now really starting to doubt that that rocket really went 944' because I got an altimeter for my birthday (just turned 15 on the 4th) and I have now tested it compared to my friends altimeter. We both launched on the same rocket and his said 14000 something feet and mine said 518 feet. I am now abandoning my newest rocket because of splice failures.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 944' Slimstik F-6 Falsehood

Post by WRA2 »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:I am now really starting to doubt that that rocket really went 944' because I got an altimeter for my birthday (just turned 15 on the 4th) and I have now tested it compared to my friends altimeter. We both launched on the same rocket and his said 14000 something feet and mine said 518 feet. I am now abandoning my newest rocket because of splice failures.
Possibly it was damaged in the crash. An altimeter is a very sensitive instrument and the impact could have damaged it causing false readings.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Reptiglorandrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Reptiglorandrockets »

I had a problem with my Altimeter One a few weeks ago on the FTC water rocket I launched. The first flight read out 618', so I took the altimeter off if the rocket.
Blog:http://rrockets.blogspot.com/?m=1

Email: reptiglorandrockets@gmail.com

Visit Reptiglorandrockets on YouTube!

Facebook: Randy Truman Jr.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

I tested his Altimeter one verse my altimeter two. Can't decide which one is better.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein