Can you tell me how to build a launcher

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
ASA
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Can you tell me how to build a launcher

Post by ASA »

Hi all I was wondering on how I could build a launcherwith some zipties and clear pvc tubing I have a couple other things but those are the mainthings that I want to use, thanks RAT:
rockets-in-brighton

Re: Can you tell me how to build a launcher

Post by rockets-in-brighton »

This should probably go into the forum section devoted to launchers... but we'll let that pass.

Firstly, is there a particular reason you have chosen a random assortment of objects and materials from which to make a launcher? Were these simply the first things you noticed when you woke up this morning? Have you perhaps seen a launcher design somewhere that includes one or more of these objects? Was there a problem with this design that you were unable to overcome? What are the secret objects and materials that you also have to hand but do not wish to reveal at present? Do you have any tools, such as perhaps a screwdriver or a lathe?

Seriously, if you'd like us to be helpful why not just tell us what you are trying to make, what you have done so far and where you are having difficulties and that way we won't guess wrongly and end up looking silly.

Oh, and if nothing else comes to mind, don't use PVC in your launcher because if it breaks under pressure it shatters into sharp tiny high speed plastic shrapnel fragments that embed themselves into soft tissue and can't easily be located and removed by surgery.
Cheers
Steve
Rockets-in-Brighton
WEB: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rockets-in-brighton
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Can you tell me how to build a launcher

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

ASA wrote:Hi all I was wondering on how I could build a launcherwith some zipties and clear pvc tubing I have a couple other things but those are the mainthings that I want to use, thanks RAT:
Look for our launcher tutorial on:

http://www.uswaterrockets.com/construct ... torial.htm

There's a complete step-by-step procedure.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison