Water rocket splicing

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
ali8bongo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Water rocket splicing

Post by ali8bongo »

Hi
I live in the uk and i was wondering which glue is best for water rocket splicing
Thanks
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Water rocket splicing

Post by Mark Chen »

ali8bongo wrote:Hi
I live in the uk and i was wondering which glue is best for water rocket splicing
Thanks
In the past there have been water rocket people importing PL premium construction adhesive to Europe and splitting the cost. Someone may chime in with another offer, or knows of something similar you can buy locally.
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise
teper
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by teper »

Does anyone know where i can find a good tutorial for bottle splicing. I cant seem to find one.
U.S. Water Rockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets »

teper wrote:Does anyone know where i can find a good tutorial for bottle splicing. I cant seem to find one.
The key word in that question is "good". Most of the stuff out there is either completely wrong, or simply misleading.
FlightCommand
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by FlightCommand »

The best tutorial for splicing in my opinion is at aircommandrockets It is simple and the video for it is great. I am currently working on a splice using their asymmetric splice #5.
You don't need a parachute to launch a rocket, but you need a parachute to launch a rocket twice.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

FlightCommand wrote:The best tutorial for splicing in my opinion is at aircommandrockets

It is simple and the video for it is great. I am currently working on a splice using their asymmetric splice #5.
Welcome :W to the forum and the WRA2 :WRA2:
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
insigma

Post by insigma »

I am a total newbie to all of this and would like to ask the pros if this product could be of good use for splicing (same problem, living in Europe...):

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/624664.pdf

thx,

insigma
KKItalia

oh its great

Post by KKItalia »

I'm new here , nice thread!
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

insigma wrote:I am a total newbie to all of this and would like to ask the pros if this product could be of good use for splicing (same problem, living in Europe...):

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/624664.pdf

thx,

insigma

If possible you should try to order some PL Premium Construction Adhesive. It is the best adhesive for splicing on the face of the earth!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison