New Method for Removing Lables from Bottles Tutorial

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

New Method for Removing Lables from Bottles Tutorial

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

We have put together a new tutorial for our website discussing an alternative method for removing labels from bottles. We want to give a shout out to Tony for mentioning this method to us on our Facebook page. If you want to see the new tutorial, check out this link: http://www.uswaterrockets.com/construct ... torial.htm
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Asupremeflight
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: New Method for Removing Lables from Bottles Tutorial

Post by Asupremeflight »

Saw it. Good info there I see the benefits of both methods. Better than peel, scrape with finger nail, wipe with citrus product, and wash.
SaskAlex
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by SaskAlex »

Another tip that I find useful- when it comes to scraping and wiping with solvent, put a cap with a valve stem on the bottle and pump about 20 psi into the bottle. It allows you to use a lot more elbow grease. Could use it with either of USWR's techniques, though it might not be worth the effort if you've already softened the glue significantly.
Asupremeflight
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Asupremeflight »

SaskAlex wrote:Another tip that I find useful- when it comes to scraping and wiping with solvent, put a cap with a valve stem on the bottle and pump about 20 psi into the bottle. It allows you to use a lot more elbow grease.
That is exactly how I do it.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

I just want to say, of all the ideas I've seen on this board so far, this has been the easiest to implement AND the most successful for me.

Thanks!
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
arjan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by arjan »

Fortunately we don't have that problem here in the Netherlands (yet), I can just pull the labels of and all there's left is a small strip of glue which is easily removed with a cloth and a little white spirit. The label material looks the same to me but I think they use a different kind of glue here. But I'll remember this tutorial when they decide to change it!
Arjan

n-bwaterrockets.blogspot.com
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

bugwubber wrote:I just want to say, of all the ideas I've seen on this board so far, this has been the easiest to implement AND the most successful for me.

Thanks!

The funny thing is that we stumbled into it by accident while making another tutorial... we were washing out sticky bottles and noticed that some of the labels were able to peel off in the water. It didn't take long to figure out which ones were affected and why.

We're pleased you like the tutorial idea.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison