Booster attachment

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Booster attachment

Post by Team Seneca »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Okay your right I am wrong I just thought coat hangers might be more redily available for most people than other materials but I guess I am wrong. No I am not arguing just to argue I thought I had a valid point.
For a lazy person, metal hose quick connectors would look like a drop in substitute for developing a release mechanism for a reinforced rocket, yet you don't see any of the pros using them.

Metal parts are just way too dangerous if the rocket explodes, which we now know can even happen during flight. This takes away the overused argument/excuse that the launcher can be made to constrain flying metal parts.

"You'll shoot your eye out."
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Havent done it with my airguns so far!
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Havent done it with my airguns so far!
Do you shoot your air guns into the air?
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Pretty much. Anyware I want that will not cause personal or property damage. The fence, a bird, a tree, the playground, the sky, etc.
Braaainz
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Braaainz »

Just wanted to say that I appreciated the advice to not use metal parts and being informed that they are not eligible for competitions.